Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Technowolf posted:

Centurion: 1x AC20, 2 x Mlas, 4 x JJ. A budget Yen-Lo-Wang. The best way to get an early AC20 on the field if you don't get a hunchie.

I remember trying something similar, but couldn't figure out a way to fit enough ammo to make it worth it. That was when the game was new though, and they've done a lot of balancing since then, so maybe its different now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
One ton of AC20 ammo is not going to be enough in 90% of contracts.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Heir03 posted:

Paingod556 do you have other mods listed outside the three in your OP? Your AC/5s and AC/2s sound very different than in my game.

I don't think so, unless the latest patches updated it. Or maybe I did have a really old mod that just got dumped over the main files. I don't actually remember

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug

ditty bout my clitty posted:

One ton of AC20 ammo is not going to be enough in 90% of contracts.

Agreed. Even two tons usually runs out for me.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
Something I've never tried on Mediums, but had some success with on heavier mechs. Can you rig up the Centurion purely for melee? Nothing but support weapons and jumpjets, and its only job is to walk to to someone, punch them in the face and then shoot the remains?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

In theory, anything can do melee. But in practice, the Centurion is sub-par for this. It punches for 70 damage, and the CN9-A has one support point in the right arm, with the CN9-AL having one support point in the right arm and two in the center torso. Which would be okay but it spends most of its free mass on weapons space, so if you max out its armor and give it full jump jets, you've still got sixteen and a half tons left over, which is quite a bit for the relatively small number of hardpoints available.

If you want a medium that throws hands, your best bets are the Hunchback 4P or Shadowhawk 2D. The Hunchback is pretty sturdy and has three support hardpoints, plus it punches for 80. The Shadow Hawk has two support hardpoints instead, but is faster and a little more heavily armored, in addition to punching for 85.

There is the incredibly obvious Hatchetman if you've got Flashpoint, since it hits for 110 (outperformed only by most Assaults). But this LP doesn't have Flashpoint so it's not really worth dwelling on.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
There are also equipment parts that increase Melee attack and stability damage but those won't be around for a while and they weigh a lot so you really need a dedicated punchbot to do that build.

https://i.imgur.com/kDxWSCh.jpg

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Koorisch posted:

There are also equipment parts that increase Melee attack and stability damage but those won't be around for a while and they weigh a lot so you really need a dedicated punchbot to do that build.

https://i.imgur.com/kDxWSCh.jpg

Sadly that gears real rare until much later in the game, but yes, I make good use of it for the same thing

Except I tend to use a lot of reduced DFA self damage ones :black101:

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
What is "Chasis Quirk"?

Paingod556 posted:

I don't think so, unless the latest patches updated it. Or maybe I did have a really old mod that just got dumped over the main files. I don't actually remember

Weird. Yeah they sound much different...more "weighty" than in my game. I'm running Flashpoint so no idea if that makes a difference.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Heir03 posted:

What is "Chasis Quirk"?

Base damage is based on tonnage
Chassis quirks are per 'Mech, mostly dependent on if it has punching arms. It's why the Banshee and Atlas are monsters in melee

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Yeah, for example the Shadowhawk hits for 85 since it gains a 30 damage bonus from it's quirk, otherwise it'd hit for it's tonnage weight which is 55.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
Makes sense!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Not the +60 damage arm mods? Boo.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Not the +60 damage arm mods? Boo.

It's not my picture :cheeky:

But you bet your butt I would have used those if I had them! :black101:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
You melee the enemy and they lose an arm, the enemy melees you and you lose a head.

Or they eschew self preservation and walk into it's back and core it from behind just to kill your experienced pilot and destroy your shiney mech.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

So turns out a bunch of my footage got eaten, so I've had to go back and rerecord. This plus Xmas recovery has thrown me off a touch, and I'm heading interstate tomorrow, for a week.

The result- I'm trying to edit together the next two videos and should get at least one out before I leave, best case the other will be prepared for the coming weekend as well. I really do want the next one out, since it'll have the Mechlab stuff, plus I've recorded up to a point where I can now go full ham with custom robots.

In the meantime, I've also been keeping tabs on Beaglerushs Roguetech stream. If you want to see an Aussie be utterly confused by all the words and numbers before breaking the game over his knee, and you have the patience of a saint while he does so, it's pretty fun. As a bonus, the RT devs joined the chat at times and tried to backseat drive (with zero success) so you get to see them go full 'you're playing it wrong' grognard on him- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/352419862

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

- You've done excellent work, Commander Fisher. And you've earned yourself an opportunity to do more. Meet your real client. I don't believe that she needs an introduction.

- I'm happy to see you again, Motormouth. Or… should I say Commander? You've done well for yourself. The old man would be pleased.

It must come as a shock to you, seeing us here at Alloway. Seeing us at all. I apologize for that, but I had to be sure that you were the MechWarrior I remembered before I reached out to you. And now, with the Argo on its way to Lyreton for repairs, I know. You are everything I remember and more.

- I can't believe you're standing here. The entire Reach is convinced that you're dead.

- She was dead! Lord Madeira, too! I'm sorry, Lady Arano, but the news feeds ran footage of your DropShip getting blown out of the sky… on a loop… for months!

- That wasn't her DropShip. The broadcasts of her death were Directorate propaganda—well-crafted lies to keep the masses in line. And with that, Kamea, I'll leave you to your reunion. Best of luck with the negotiations, and keep me apprised of whatever decision you come to.
Lady Centrella's face winks off of the viewscreen. The dull blue glow of her Holo projection slowly dies away.

- Lady Centrella was right about the propaganda, Motormouth. My uncle's Directorate is run on lies… though in this case, they very nearly became true. The Directorate's assassins pursued us into the Frontier. In the months following the coup, we had more than our share of close calls. Eventually, they gave up looking for us, and we've been living in exile ever since.

- Where have the two of you been hiding for the past three years?

- As far from Directorate space as we could get without leaving the Frontier—a miserable little ball of rock called Zathras. It was a nasty, brutish planet, full of internecine strife and bloody turmoil. There were power struggles and mad nobles, plagues and zealots and holy wars.

- So you're saying it was a typical Frontier world.

- More or less. Living on Coromodir, I heard stories about the problems that many Frontier systems face, but I was detached. I never saw how rough life outside of the Aurigan Coalition1 could get. My uncle's coup changed everything, Motormouth… including me.
1- Aurigan Coalition: The Aurigan Coalition is an interstellar state in the Aurigan Reach area of the Rimward Periphery bordering both Capellan and Taurian space. Growing out of a trade partnership in the mid-29th century, the Aurigan Coalition was formally established in 2910 by High Lady Keona Arano. In the past hundred years, the Coalition has grown from four systems to a total of 23.

- You had Centrella send us after the Argo. I'd like to know why.

- In part, as a test of your abilities. To make sure that your performance on Coromodir wasn't a fluke. Our experience in the coup has taught us to be careful, Commander Fisher. We couldn't just reach out to you on faith.

- But the Argo herself is important as well. She isn't just a ship, Motormouth. She's a symbol—of reclamation, and rebirth, and the return of better days. You'll see for yourself soon enough. She was a majestic vessel once, a true product of the Star League. Under Dr. Murad's care, she will be again.

- Okay. You made it off of Coromodir, and you've found me. Let's talk about why.

- I imagine you've already guessed. I intend to seek justice for my uncle's crimes. I intend to take my throne back. But I can't do it without you.

- We have resources. An army drawn from all across the Frontier. Perhaps most importantly, we have the patronage of Lady Centrella, and the tacit support of her government. That means money—a great deal of money.

- The Magistracy is bankrolling you, huh?

- Unofficially, yes—using Lady Centrella as an intermediary. The Magistracy sees Kamea's claim to the throne as an asset worth paying for. They want to see the Directorate dealt with, but it isn't in their interest to do it themselves. They'd prefer to keep their own hands clean.

- The Rimward Periphery is a powder keg, Motormouth. Tensions between the Taurian Concordat and the Federated Sunsare high, and my uncle's military posturing could be viewed as a provocation by either side. If open conflict between superpowers were to erupt, it'd be difficult for anyone to remain neutral. The Magistracy wants to avoid getting dragged into a major war.

- And you're House Centrella's best hope for a clean solution. They fill your war chest, you remove the Directorate from the board, and the Magistracy lets tensions between the Federated Suns and the Taurians simmer down on their own. Am I reading the situation correctly, Lady Arano?

- Correctly enough, Mr. Oliveira. But understand that this isn't just about defusing a dangerous situation. For me, taking on the Directorate is personal. My uncle betrayed me. The Founding Council2 has been reduced to a handful of powerless figureheads. Our very identity has been cut away and discarded. House Espinosa is long overdue for a reckoning, and with your help, I will bring them one. Join with me, Motormouth, and we will not fail.
2- Founding Council: A ruling council composed of the heads of the 7 Founding Houses of the Aurigan Coalition. Prior to the fall of the Aurigan Coalition, the Founding Council consisted of Lady Kamea Arano, Lord Santiago Espinosa, Lady Branca Madeira, Lord Henare Parata, Lady Samantha Gallas, Lord Simon Karosas, and Lord Pierre-Louis Decimis. With the rise of the Directorate, the power of the Founding Council has been severely curtailed.

- You've already sold me on this, Kamea. I pledge myself and my company to your cause.

- I was hoping you'd say that. Of course, you cannot wage war on my behalf while your travel restrictions remain in place… and so, I shall break them. Now that you have pledged yourselves to me, I will buy your company's debts—all of them. You'll be free to travel and seek clients as you please, so long as you come to me when I call for you. And on the day that I reclaim my throne, your obligation to me will be forgiven, your debt wiped clean.

- Of course, you will also be paid for every battle you fight at our behest. At a rate that will feel quite generous, given the clientele that you're accustomed to. Thanks to House Centrella, we have money to burn.

- "Money to burn." I like the sound of that.

- I had a feeling you would. I'll take my leave of you now—I have an army to rally and preparations to make. But it won't be long before I contact you again… and when I do, I'll need you ready. Prepare yourself and your company, Motormouth. Our war is about to begin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThG7FViUMe8

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 3, 2019

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Ah, the "Joys" of Double Heat Sinks. I remember when 'Mech design could be summarized as "Heat, Guns or Armor. Pick two." In that you could control your heat and Guns, but the Armor was poor, or go for Heat and Armor that's good, but your guns were bad.

Then post 3025 rolled around. Then the Clans came trundling up. And all that got tossed out in favor of ERMLs, cLRM20's and LPLs.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I lied, ~things~ happened and I guess I now have time to keep this rolling.

I suppose thats a good thing, since I realised I didn't transcribe the crew stories that update at certain points. This is a travesty (esp. considering Sumire's one) so here we go-

Benefactor

"Heyya, Boss. Can I get you something?"

- "Feeling any better about our prospects now, Yang?"

"Sure, I guess. It's hard not to feel better after a chunk of your debt has been cleared. That said, I wish that it had happened in a different way. I don't like bowing to royalty in the best of times, and I'm not sure that I trust Lady Centrella. Hell, I don't trust any noble—present company excepted."

"Well, I've gotta hand it to Darius… he did it. The XO found us a client. Whether she is what she claims to be remains to be seen. But she's a client, and she has money. That's a start."

- "You got any thoughts about working for Lady Centrella?"

"I think she's rich. That's the only qualification a client needs in my book. …It's funny. There was a time where I'd find working for a Centrella unthinkable. The Magistracy of Canopus doesn't have the best reputation where I grew up. But in the grand scheme of things, childhood prejudices are no match for economic necessity. Hell, I'd work for Stefan Amaris if he paid me well enough."

- "Amaris is one of the most reviled figures in history, Meyer."

"Yup. And his C-Bills would be just as good as anyone else's."

"Commander Fisher. What's up?"

- "Good job finding us the new contract, Darius. It looks promising."

"Thanks, but I'm not sure that I deserve the credit. I mean, I put out the feelers like you asked me to, but I didn't really find Lady Centrella at all. It'd be much more accurate to say that she found us. That could either be a huge stroke of luck or a giant red flag. I guess we'll find out when we touch down on Axylus."

In Exile

"Hey again, Boss. What's up?"

- "You wanna talk about our new employer?"

"Lady Arano. Yeah. Look, I know that you two go way back… you had the same teacher, and all that. Hell, you were working for her on the day of the coup. If you hadn't been doing that, you never would've joined this crew. But I'm not sure that I trust Lady Arano, or Lord Madeira. I dunno. Maybe I'm leaping to judgment. I like having money, so I hope that I am! There's just something about the idea of working for yet another shadowy aristocratic power player that I don't like. For what it's worth, though, I hope she proves me wrong."

"Commander Fisher. What's up?"

- "You did good work back on Axylus. If you hadn't gotten Dr. Murad and her crew down safely, none of us would've made it off of that rock."

"Just doing my job, Commander. You MechWarriors are the ones who take all the real risks. …Actually, I take that back. This job put all of us at risk. You know what I'm talking about. The Pirate Point. I don't know how much you know about misjumps1, but, well… they're really, really bad. You could wind up in the heart of a star, or in the middle of nowhere, crashed on some godforsaken rock—with my luck, a rock that's infested with fetid, screeching, mite-infested birds."
1- Misjump: Errors in jump travel are termed misjumps. A misjump causes the JumpShip to move to an unexpected location, sometimes far beyond the 30-light-year maximum range on jumping. Since this frequently appears to place the ship somewhere it cannot refuel or return from, forensic data about misjumps is limited. Experts believe faulty navigational data to be the most common cause of misjumps, but system malfunctions and even spatial anomalies are also potential causes.

- "C'mon, Meyer. That sounds a little far-fetched."

"Maybe, maybe not. Look, it was an unbelievably risky jump—that's all I'm saying. I'm just glad that we all made it through in one piece."

"Duncan. Can I help you with something?"

- "So, we're working for Lady Arano now… that was a surprise."

"You're telling me. The whole Reach has thought she was dead for three years now. And yet, here she is. I've gotta say, it feels pretty good to be on contract with House Arano again. The last time this happened, Commander Markham was still alive."

- "Tell me about Markham. What kind of man was he?"

"Markham was an ornery old bastard, but he got the job done. Great card player, and he shared my taste in Holovids. We used to have these marathon viewing sessions… have you ever seen 'These Gears Are Teeth'? Great film, and a masterpiece of the Tokusatsu-Giallo genre. Markham always loved that one. I wish I could watch it again with him sometime… I genuinely do."

- "Was Markham a competent MechCommander?"

"More or less. He was a decent tactician, but an exceptional businessman. I wish you could've seen him in action, Duncan… his style was this odd mix of negotiating and holding court, and when it worked, it worked. Lemme give you an example… I can't really do justice to Markham's style, but for the sake of the story, I'll try. You know our Draconis Combine rep, Shugo Reynauld Yamaguchi? Markham gave him a nickname—"Bob Kurita." Every time he used it, he was totally deadpan, and he always used the full name.

"You tryin' to pull the wool over my eyes, Bob Kurita? Tell me more about that assassination contract, Bob Kurita. BOB KURITA, YOU LOOK TENSE. DO YOU NEED A GLASS OF WINE?"

It sounds insulting, I know. But the crazy thing is, it worked. Something about the way Markham leaned into that stupid nickname tickled Shugo Yamaguchi pink—he'd giggle his way through every negotiation, until tears were streaming down his cheeks. He had a routine like that for every liaison we dealt with. Some he'd rib, others he'd smooth-talk. Everyone always left the table with a smile on their face.

Anyway. That's all ancient history now. Markham is dead and gone… we buried his personal effects along with his memory, and we did right by his kin. Best to leave the past behind us. This company isn't his anymore, Duncan—it's yours. So let's focus on what we're doing next and leave the past in the past."

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Paingod556 posted:

"Just doing my job, Commander. You MechWarriors are the ones who take all the real risks. …Actually, I take that back. This job put all of us at risk. You know what I'm talking about. The Pirate Point. I don't know how much you know about misjumps1, but, well… they're really, really bad. You could wind up in the heart of a star, or in the middle of nowhere, crashed on some godforsaken rock—with my luck, a rock that's infested with fetid, screeching, mite-infested birds."
1- Misjump: Errors in jump travel are termed misjumps. A misjump causes the JumpShip to move to an unexpected location, sometimes far beyond the 30-light-year maximum range on jumping. Since this frequently appears to place the ship somewhere it cannot refuel or return from, forensic data about misjumps is limited. Experts believe faulty navigational data to be the most common cause of misjumps, but system malfunctions and even spatial anomalies are also potential causes.

- "C'mon, Meyer. That sounds a little far-fetched."

Is that a Far Country reference? :mad:

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Gothsheep posted:

Is that a Far Country reference? :mad:

Take a guess :v:

Paingod556 posted:

- "Where in the Concordat are you from?"

"I grew up on New Vandenberg. It's a nice enough place, I suppose. Do you like birds?"

- "Why do you ask?"

"Because New Vandenburg is crawling with them. It's basically one big aviary. Something like two-thirds of the native fauna has feathers, flutters on the wind, and splatters its excrement across every available surface.

Naturally, the original colonists adopted the feathery little monsters into the culture, and those of us that came after were kind of… stuck with it. Statues, fountains, murals… you name it. Just a giant, feathery pile of screeching alien birds. If the system had a motto, it'd be "Squawk.""

- "Cute."

"Maybe if I hadn't grown up with it."

Blame Kiva / isildur for being a goony gently caress

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

berryjon posted:

Ah, the "Joys" of Double Heat Sinks. I remember when 'Mech design could be summarized as "Heat, Guns or Armor. Pick two." In that you could control your heat and Guns, but the Armor was poor, or go for Heat and Armor that's good, but your guns were bad.

Then post 3025 rolled around. Then the Clans came trundling up. And all that got tossed out in favor of ERMLs, cLRM20's and LPLs.
This is one of the reasons I was happy HBS went with the 3025 as the setting for this game. And I think they've done a pretty great job a rebalancing the various weapons in general too.
Also I like the late Succession Wars era more, even if it means losing on some designs I'm a fan of that came from later.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Everyone pines after 3025, but it's not all that fun to play in tabletop. The speed, guns, and armor comparison breaks down because many of the 'Mechs in 3025 choose one (Dragon, Quickdraw, Cicada, Charger) or none of the above (Shadow Hawk, Cyclops, Banshee) and the number of available 'Mechs is comparatively tiny. BattleTech was not better balanced in 3025, not by a long shot, the balance issues were just less obvious because the most optimized units in 3025-er play were the Phoenix Hawk and the Awesome.

I'm glad HBS BattleTech was rebalanced to make marginal weapons better.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
3025 designs were very suboptimal, but I still really like them anyway compared to many later designs, especially the countless variations of 'Twin/Triple Gauss Rifles with Medium Lasers' designs that showed up post 3050, like the Devastator, the Gunslinger, the Thunder Hawk, etc. I mean, as far as weapon loadouts go, they're very effective in game, but all these designs are /super/ boring and samey. Same with a lot of the 'super efficient' designs that tend to attract Powergamers.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Rorahusky posted:

Same with a lot of the 'super efficient' designs that tend to attract Powergamers.
Gausszilla was funny. The Supernova was not.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I will see your Supernova and raise you a Hellstar.

And go a step beyond into reductio ad absurdum.

But I do think that "a lot of the good designs are samey" is one of the results of the weapon balance being what it is, especially post-3050, and there's a reason most of the good upgrades for already solid designs like the Hunchback are just "use the better technology to keep doing what it does but more so" (weight saving technology to upgrade the engine and/or armor, adding double heat sinks because why wouldn't you, et cetera).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MechaCrash posted:

This is actually the greatest mech ever designed.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

MechaCrash posted:

It's
It's
It's BEAUTIFUL........

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

MechaCrash posted:

I wept to see such beauty.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

All of his builds are marvelous. I've used the Wubmaster, back before I gave up on :pgi: , and it does solid work.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

First Strike
In Orbit- Weldry

- Weldry. One of the most notorious hellholes in the Aurigan Reach. Everything about this place is hostile to human life. And for the past three years, Espinosa has used it as a dumping ground for his political enemies.

- The Directorate has a prison complex on the planet's surface. The inmates call it the Icebox.

The image of an imposing structure appears on your viewscreen. It has the solid, heavy walls that you've come to associate with Taurian architecture.

- It's a holding facility for political prisoners, including high-value hostages. Members of the Founding Families—spouses, sons, and daughters. If we liberate the prison and set them free, we break Espinosa's leverage over the Founding Houses1. The political map will change overnight.
1- Founding Houses: The Aurigan Coalition was created in 2910 from the worlds of the Rimward Trade Partnership. The most powerful families of those worlds became the Founding Houses of the new Coalition. At the time of the Coalition's inception, the Founding Houses included House Arano of Coromodir VI, House Madeira of Guldra, House Parata of Tyrlon, House Gallas of Itrom, House Karosas of Smithon, House Decimis of Panzyr, and House Espinosa of Coromodir V.

- We don't know what the Directorate has been doing to our people in there, but we have to set them free. Not just for political gain, but because they're our people. And we need your help to do it.

- Aren't the Founding Lords and Ladies supposed to be powerless figureheads?

- There are different kinds of power, Motormouth. The Founding Houses may be anemic in terms of martial strength, but their words still carry weight in the Aurigan Reach. If they rally behind us, the people who love them will follow. Governments have been toppled with less.

- My uncle has hard-line supporters everywhere—their ranks have swelled in the absence of strong opposition. But the remaining members of the Founding Council will rally their people against the Directorate if given the chance. By freeing Weldry, we will give them that chance.

- I need to know what I'm about to send my lance into. What makes Weldry so inhospitable?

- Everything, from the subzero climate to the inedible vegetation. The whole planet is infested with bloodsucking insects… the swarms can stretch for miles.

- You're shittin' me.

- I'm afraid not. They're called Branson's Mosquitoes. Imagine a colonial biting fly the size of your thumb. They serve as carriers for harmful bacteria.

- And you're dropping infantry there? On purpose?

- The army will be safe. Population centers like the Icebox use ultrasonics to keep the swarms at bay. But I thank you for your concern, Mr. Virtanen.

- You've got an army. What do you need us for?

- Subtle, decisive action. I will lead the army in an all-out assault on the Directorate's primary spaceport. After I've drawn their attention, you will sneak in, attack the Icebox, and liberate it. We'll set my uncle's hostages free and put the Founding Families in our debt, all in one fell swoop.

- In my experience, operations of this scale rarely go according to plan.

- I know, Motormouth. And that is one of the major reasons why I need you on this drop. You adapted to the chaos of the battlefield on Coromodir. I'll be counting on you to do the same here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-utO1EJgpqw

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

It wasn't OBS that ate the combat footage, Comstar deleted that footage during upload for...reasons.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Aw man, you had the perfect chance to get that Jagermech intact if only the RT had been destroyed!

All in all, that was a rather easy run with four medium mechs but that's to be expected.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Koorisch posted:

Aw man, you had the perfect chance to get that Jagermech intact if only the RT had been destroyed!

All in all, that was a rather easy run with four medium mechs but that's to be expected.

Yeah, that one hurt me a little bit. Even if it is the worse of the two Jager types, only by a bit

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Oh, Ally AI, you make some amazing choices. I think Kamea was aiming for the arm on the downed Jager since their arms have almost no armor and structure, but usually have several weapons attached. Not a huge fan of the Jager because of that "feature".

This map makes that Jenner a little more dangerous since the cold air and water access helps with heat build up, but then gives you a break by giving you a Kintaro, which runs just as hot and has one hell of a punch. Could we trade out the Blackjack for that thing please?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Oh, Ally AI, you make some amazing choices. I think Kamea was aiming for the arm on the downed Jager since their arms have almost no armor and structure, but usually have several weapons attached. Not a huge fan of the Jager because of that "feature".

This map makes that Jenner a little more dangerous since the cold air and water access helps with heat build up, but then gives you a break by giving you a Kintaro, which runs just as hot and has one hell of a punch. Could we trade out the Blackjack for that thing please?

A Kintaro rigged out for full SRM is an amazing thing, since it's got a decent bit more speed than the Centurion.

And Kameas greatest crime was denying me an early BoomJager or something near enough to one

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Paingod556 posted:

A Kintaro rigged out for full SRM is an amazing thing, since it's got a decent bit more speed than the Centurion.

And Kameas greatest crime was denying me an early BoomJager or something near enough to one

I agree! My runthrough of the campaign got a Kintaro fairly early and I took out the lrm-5 for another srm-6 and such. I think I used it even after getting access to heavier mechs since it had a wonderful combo of speed and firepower. Kintaro's are horrifying if they have another mech punch a hole for them to crit seek.

The Kintaro version in this game was specifically made for the Rim because they didn't have access to the tech that the standard model has (take out the shiny stuff, shove in another srm-6). Ironically, it made the Kintaro more popular because it had an even heavier missile spam and was much easier to repair and maintain.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Recording continues, with the next Priority mission resulting in someone being headshot so hard I lost a minute of video. Still working out these very occassional bugs

And yes, there is a 'Mech that comes home without a cockpit in that mission...

EDIT - vvvvvvvv - Well, it already was customised. Because it was one of my guys who took one hell of a head hit...

EDIT Mk.2 - Though yes, I did use it as an excuse to make another mod, while Yang was reassembling the cockpit

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 8, 2019

NothingToFyr
May 22, 2010

Paingod556 posted:

And yes, there is a 'Mech that comes home without a cockpit in that mission...

Really, that's just an excuse to customize it to your liking. When you have to replace most of the functional parts (and scrub the previous pilot off the walls), you might as well make some changes to suit your preferences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Huh, I'm surprised we don't get a cutscene to witness the horrors of the medical bay. Not sure it's that's a piece of intentional or accidental brilliance really.