Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

SugarAddict posted:

I want to see how much you cheese the hell out of this game. (I have beaten this game).

Also It's a shame you can't get vehicles.

Honestly, I love the idea of vehicles in the game, but there are just so many downsides to them in the tabletop and besides a few special builds, they don't tend to end up that useful.

I think PTN has managed to do a good job of making them more viable in his setting, but I think they might need a few overhauls until they're on par with other things. Aside from a few vehicles we might see coming up later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I absolutely rate the original game higher than RT any day. And I say that as someone who mostly liked Long War, aside from some of its dumber blobs of enemies problems.

That said, some of the extra tech stuff is stuff I'd love to see in coming expansions. Even if it is just more variety in mechs.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

There are tons of mostly unsecure field workshops for repair in Battletech, for a variety of reasons. Among which are all the good protected ones are being hogged by nobles, the ones you have are on dropships and they can't always risk taking off to move along with the campaign if it strays, and salvage operations that have to be done in a hurry near a combat zone.

Another question though, does it really say a Cbill represents a millisecond of Comms? I thought for sure it was a whole second.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Gothsheep posted:

Differences between the lore and actual game mechanics skew this a bit too. Like, I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but in the lore I think most mercenaries have to own their own mech. If your personal mech gets destroyed you're basically ruined.

In this game (and all others I've seen with merc squads) that never happens though. The mechs are owned by the company, the pilots are hired separately and they earn only their pay vouchers, which I assume is a percentage of the mission take. The company owns all the mechs, collects all the salvage and does all the outfitting.

It most likely differs a lot depending on the source, again. And probably a bunch of different mercenary outfits run themselves differently. At the very least, in the game itself you would have a hell of a time convincing your mechwarriors (and yourself!) to part with their ancestral mechs to fix the balance sheets of your company. After you start acquiring more though, that's probably all the company's property.

My only real issue with C-bills being for a millisecond is all those instant conversations you seem to have, but that could be hand-waved as all being recorded then sent in bursts.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Yeah it is rather unfortunate that it is almost always the superior option when negotiating. There is only one mission type I would say is the exception to the rule.