Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I'm not a huge comic movie guy because I hate my job in a movie theater. That said, Spiderverse looks neat! I'm sincerely glad it's animated, the stylized choices look wonderful, excellent voice cast, lots of little meta franchise fun, it just plain looks fun and delightful.

That said, for the love of god Sony have some loving chill, you're like a teenager trying to throw a house party before your parents have pulled out of the garage.

Like Venom was a weird movie, just strangely put together and making me ever question how it could have been R save for a few scenes that involve biting off heads. And the fact that the end end end credits scene was just three minutes of a scene from Spiderverse completely devoid of context and slapped in was a bad sign and completely unsubtle. "Please for the love of god keep this movie in your mind, please go loving see it, we're doing Spiderman stuff still, we're running in this doomed franchise race, please remember it".

By all accounts, Spiderverse is good. Sony's not subtle in its cram-down-your-throat ad blitz but hey at least it's good. But there's still no chill or at the very least pokerface. "People are interested in our movie so let's greenlight a sequel before the first one even comes out! It'll join the Venom sequel and the Silver Sable movie and hell maybe the Black Cat film! gently caress it, let's give Spiderverse its own spinoff focusing on all the lady heroes of the Spiderverse! This is gonna be good, this is gonna be GREAT, we're gonna make a ton of money! Everything is coming up Sony!"

This either ends in them learning that being stupidly aggressive in their production of stuff is a "Good Idea" and they get in way too deep or this ends in flames and tears and being in too deep way faster than intended. And man am I unhappy that Spiderverse is the baby that hangs in the middle of this whole thing because gently caress Sony.

Also yeah jesus I super forgot about the delay hell that is New Mutants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU