Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Maybe a draw cause every round shoulda been 9-9 what a loving trash fight. There are our 2 best heavyweights? A loving fat cab driver bacon man and a basketball player who doesn't know how to box? Lol gently caress me.

Awful fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

an illusion based on the world's unanimous assumption that no one could get up from that in a ten count.

i swear a different ref may have counted him out, the draw almost seems fair and they can rematch and have anoteher cool fight while joshua does god knows what

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Skip My Posts posted:

i swear a different ref may have counted him out, the draw almost seems fair and they can rematch and have anoteher cool fight while joshua does god knows what

I think a lot of refs stop the fight when his head smacked the floor good on that ref for continuing to count.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

a different ref may have. he got up on the cusp of 10 and the ref even made him move significant distance cogently before agreeing to let it continue. it was exemplary reffing and absolutely the right call.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah im glad he let himup too, that was bad rear end as hell

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Gozinbulx posted:

Maybe a draw cause every round shoulda been 9-9 what a loving trash fight. There are our 2 best heavyweights? A loving fat cab driver bacon man and a basketball player who doesn't know how to box? Lol gently caress me.

Awful fight

Get ur eyes checked out

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Get ur eyes checked out

Ok.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

It was so good I love the crazy Fury swatting imaginary flies out of my face style

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Look, I thought the fight was 8-4 Fury, but give Wilder another round and add the two knockdowns and it's a draw.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gozinbulx posted:

Awful fight

Lol

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fury won, but Wilder wasn't so far off. Bad finish in the 12th though.

Christ alive, I'm just glad Wilder got gifted that draw because I didn't really want either to leave the ring defeated.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the judge that scored it to wilder had him sweeping the first 4 rounds

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have a bit of a soft spot for Fury and I'm not totally sure why, but I think that knockdown in the 12th was a KO win for Wilder honestly. Long count.

But that poo poo happens so can't really complain.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

thehappyprince posted:

the judge that scored it to wilder had him sweeping the first 4 rounds
lol

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I can just about see how it could be scored a draw overall so not overly bothered about that but loving hell first 4 rounds to Wilder is investigation worthy

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

RideTheSpiral posted:

especially considering he barely got up from a feather duster tap earlier

yeah, if that feather duster was made of lead

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Dec 2, 2018

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001
That shot in the 12th was a holy poo poo moment. Wilder's power is real but drat, he has almost no adjustments in his game. It took him twelve to at least change the trajectory of that right hand.

I mean, after that knockdown I think we were gonna see a rematch either way, but yeah, boxing. Really frustrating to see Wilder punch himself out and not really follow-up on it, but I didn't really have a favorite in this one.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I have a bit of a soft spot for Fury and I'm not totally sure why, but I think that knockdown in the 12th was a KO win for Wilder honestly. Long count.

But that poo poo happens so can't really complain.

At this level, I understand refs hesitating to wave it off. Otherwise it woulda been a repeat of that Meldrick Taylor controversy.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Looks to me like he went down with 2:21 left and was back up at 2:11 left so not a particularly long count https://streamable.com/uinwr

It's splitting hairs if you start getting a stopwatch out and timing counts to the millisecond, he was up at the ref's count and was good to continue so that's it

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001
Yeah, I didn't think it went long. He managed to jump to his feet and his eyes were alert and not glassy. There would have been an ugly scene if it were waved off, especially after Fury's dominance for most of the fight.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I think it's just that most refs would have waved it off right away. It's surprising we actually got a good ref

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Jesus Christ

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
seems like fury and wilder like each other a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty fat pizza
Jan 1, 2013
This was some Rocky Balboa poo poo by Fury god drat!