Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
What's the deal with Phelps? Win again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

What's the deal with Phelps? Win again?

Maybe. The betting markets have Sharma ahead and some Liberal leaks have suggested they are confident.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Maybe. The betting markets have Sharma ahead and some Liberal leaks have suggested they are confident.

I figured this would be the state of it after the locals cool off and get the lids of their top hats repaired.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Imagine voting out the Libs, and then deciding that you want them back after the poo poo show they have been since.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Amoeba102 posted:

Imagine voting out the Libs, and then deciding that you want them back after the poo poo show they have been since.

I'm sure they know these libs won't win the overall victory so it doesn't matter if they go back to the status quo. Pissing out of the tent again etc.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How's Sharma? Maybe they could hold out for a better candidate next time round if the lnp gets gutted.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I think Sharma's odds are probably diminishing every time Scomo/Cash gets up in front of a camera and starts talking about electric cars

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/thetallyroom/status/1115729663844847617

Cool map (but all maps are cool).

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's not cool since it is NSW

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

the legs and torso of a person falling into a horned skull

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
LNP is sending doorknockers to rental properties warning tenants that rents will go up under a Labor Government.

Anyone know how they are able to figure out which houses are rentals? Abby had to deal with one today and I wasn't home because I really wanted to ask them how the gently caress they know this is a rental property.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

LNP is sending doorknockers to rental properties warning tenants that rents will go up under a Labor Government.

Anyone know how they are able to figure out which houses are rentals? Abby had to deal with one today and I wasn't home because I really wanted to ask them how the gently caress they know this is a rental property.

Just go on domain or any old poo poo and it tells you leased properties. It's not hard to get sales and rental data.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

I smell another anidav headline

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

I make sure I keep the grass long and half busted up cars on the front lawn to help give people like that a hint on my ownership status

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Can you get me a source for this please

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

GoldStandardConure posted:

Can you get me a source for this please

It goes well with Tabasco

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

You Am I posted:

I make sure I keep the grass long and half busted up cars on the front lawn to help give people like that a hint on my ownership status

Keeps the rates low.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Cholula is miles better than Tabasco.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

It goes well with Tabasco

beet

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Anidav posted:

They could possibly determine it from AEC data - if 12 seemingly unrelated people are registered at that address that could indicate it's a rental, same if they check if the same people are registered there years later.

It wouldn't catch everyone, but it'd get quite a lot for them.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

The Lord Bude posted:

Cholula is miles better than Tabasco.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
loving these new anti-vegan laws, how neat

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Happy to help.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Recoome posted:

loving these new anti-vegan laws, how neat

Are they legislating meat for every meal or something?

Just going to make all government services use animal products as much as possible?

JJ
May 15, 2002

I hate it here.
I've got this sinking feeling that the Libs are going to be able to push the needle just enough to scrape over the line.

They're plastering Facebook - check the ad lineup on the Liberal party page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/LiberalPartyAustralia/ads (gotta be on desktop). That's like 50+ ads versus Labor's current 4.

Plus they've got the Murdoch machine + 2GB + Channel 7, and they're not afraid to lie through their teeth.

Plus, wait for a well-timed resurgence of Shorten's rape allegation in the final week of the campaign. They're gonna go by the NSW election playbook.

Those 5:1 odds for the Coalition on Betfair are looking real cheap right about now.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
i notice that fact check is zinging (quite rightly) the ALP at the moment, but I guess it's because the LNP have been lying for years so it's fine?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

JJ posted:

I've got this sinking feeling that the Libs are going to be able to push the needle just enough to scrape over the line.

They're plastering Facebook - check the ad lineup on the Liberal party page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/LiberalPartyAustralia/ads (gotta be on desktop). That's like 50+ ads versus Labor's current 4.

Plus they've got the Murdoch machine + 2GB + Channel 7, and they're not afraid to lie through their teeth.

Plus, wait for a well-timed resurgence of Shorten's rape allegation in the final week of the campaign. They're gonna go by the NSW election playbook.

Those 5:1 odds for the Coalition on Betfair are looking real cheap right about now.

You need to relax.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
This will definitely lend credence to the anti-vax people https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...c92db92e3bb521c

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

JBP posted:

You need to relax.

Uspol calls it artzying, happy to import the term

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

JBP posted:

I drove a Toyota Corolla of a similar vintage and it was Shadowfax but of cars. Very good vehicle.

As a new Toyota Employee, I am contractually obligated to post;

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

JJ posted:

53:47 for the last three years. The electorate have stopped listening. Why do you think the LNP have (somehow) even more lost their loving minds and now throwing the most ridulous bullshit about EV's after the budget failed to shift the needle?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

JJ posted:

Interesting theory.

Labor hasn't launched their campaign yet.

Neither have the Unions.

Wait and see the glory of a fully operational election war machine.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

JJ posted:

Dunno, they have given up in my electorate - Jagajaga. It isn't even listed on https://www.liberal.org.au when I started looking around at the local candidates.

Haven't seen any signage, assuming their are making sure whoever they have found to run never committed their pig loving videos to social media.

Looking forward to the Jenny Macklin replacement from the apparat to rule us for the next two decades.

Graic Gabtar fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 10, 2019

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Logistically the LNP has to defend every single seat successfully to retain government.

Not happening.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1115903858075738112

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Moving house at the start of May to Frydenburg's seat. I've always lived in safe Labor and greens seats, so for what it's worth I will get to vote against that wanker.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

EoinCannon posted:

Moving house at the start of May to Frydenburg's seat. I've always lived in safe Labor and greens seats, so for what it's worth I will get to vote against that wanker.

I’m sad that I won’t get to vote in the electorate of Boner

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

norp posted:

Are they legislating meat for every meal or something?

Just going to make all government services use animal products as much as possible?

Wait, people don't eat meat in almost every meal?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

iajanus posted:

Wait, people don't eat meat in almost every meal?

If they're following the 12 rules diligently, then yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I’m sad that I won’t get to vote in the electorate of Boner

it's pretty good, lot of switched on climate voters this time.