Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
I received a flyer from the local Liberal candidate. His leaflet is so painfully generic I am genuinely curious how he what makes him soooo much better than the five women who were also vying for preselection. (Let me guess... It's because he has a :dong:)

He is "committed to public safety, so children are safe playing outside and seniors can feel safe walking to their local shops"

The biggest threat to kids and elderly people in federal division of Stirling is getting hit by a car.

And about that.... Also from the flyer: "He will work to improve local roads, to ease congestion in our growing community."

Yes, what this federal division needs is even more incentive for people to drive everywhere. What a splendid idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I would honestly rather Lionhat over Nile or one of his nutters tbh

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
https://twitter.com/CaptainGetUp1/status/1115868809808818179?s=19

I like that at least one person has taken Captain GetUp and run with it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Jesus those default Maya 3D model eyeballs.

That stuff came from Fiverr.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

EoinCannon posted:

Moving house at the start of May to Frydenburg's seat. I've always lived in safe Labor and greens seats, so for what it's worth I will get to vote against that wanker.

Can I move into your joint for a week

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

It's probably Nonviolent J in the Captain Getup suit.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hiddenmovement posted:

Can I move into your joint for a week

I plan to sublet to a few thousand people for a short period

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I get to vote for Labor right factional warlord Amanda Rishworth

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."
gently caress Yes!
I get to vote for Richard Marles and if I lived literally 10 minutes down the road I'd get to vote Sarah Henderson out.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

froglet posted:

https://twitter.com/CaptainGetUp1/status/1115868809808818179?s=19

I like that at least one person has taken Captain GetUp and run with it.

Oh, Zali Steggall, that's who I saw the "a vote for her is actually a vote for laaaaaboooour ooooooh" scare campaign ad for. I must have been half asleep when I saw it and her name just glided off my dumb teflon brain.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

EoinCannon posted:

Moving house at the start of May to Frydenburg's seat. I've always lived in safe Labor and greens seats, so for what it's worth I will get to vote against that wanker.

See how you feel in a few weeks. Kooyong is currently like some dystopian state with Frydenberg’s image plastered everywhere. Don’t go near Kew Junction.

Of course it’s blue ribbon territory and you would expect that but the Liberals are pouring blood and treasure into this one which is just awesome win, lose or draw.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I feel Captain getup should have been a cyborg asian lesbian instead of a white man

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The best part about this for Labor is that they're not defending any seats from the libs, and just a handful from the Greens, which won't keep the Libs in govt. They can pretty much go full offensive.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

froglet posted:

Yes, what this federal division needs is even more incentive for people to drive everywhere. What a splendid idea.

It is, froglet. Good to see you are over your car hating gimmick :v:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Captain getup is the boss of the super hero union, he spends all of Spider-man's dues on taxi rides for himself and his greenie mates. Commissioner Gordon would be able to pay Spider-man a lot more if Captain getup didn't insist Gordon paid for refugees' hotel rooms

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

He needs the taxi rides because his electric car, which needs twelve hours to charge, isn't able to get to the crimes as fast as Batman's coal-fired batmobile

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

You Am I posted:

It is, froglet. Good to see you are over your car hating gimmick :v:

you say gimmick, i say life style

ride or die

*rides very very slowly away on a pushbike*

JJ
May 15, 2002

I hate it here.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

53:47 for the last three years. The electorate have stopped listening. Why do you think the LNP have (somehow) even more lost their loving minds and now throwing the most ridulous bullshit about EV's after the budget failed to shift the needle?

House prices are in free fall in many key electorates. A sustained scare campaign on negative gearing with the help of the MSM could be quite effective.

Add to that some clever micro-targeting via FB and pork barrelling and you’ve got a solid sandbagging machine in the making.

Plus, that Shorten rape allegation could really sting if the accuser goes on the record again, in the era of #metoo. He’s already not trusted.

Also it’s 52/48-ish.

Just sayin.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Graic Gabtar posted:

See how you feel in a few weeks. Kooyong is currently like some dystopian state with Frydenberg’s image plastered everywhere. Don’t go near Kew Junction.

Of course it’s blue ribbon territory and you would expect that but the Liberals are pouring blood and treasure into this one which is just awesome win, lose or draw.

I mean, I get why - Hawthorn delivered a shock loss to the coalition in the Vic State election - but I mean... Kooyong's gotta be a lock... right?
If Kooyong's not a lock then we'd be talking like a 20% swing against in that seat and that's "statewide wipeout" territory. If that happened Victoria alone might deliver majority Labor government.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1115941511659577348

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1115942566376030208

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1115942903296094208

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1115944243741118464

the gently caress?

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 10, 2019

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

He's a coward OP

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

JJ posted:

House prices are in free fall in many key electorates. A sustained scare campaign on negative gearing with the help of the MSM could be quite effective.

Add to that some clever micro-targeting via FB and pork barrelling and you’ve got a solid sandbagging machine in the making.

Plus, that Shorten rape allegation could really sting if the accuser goes on the record again, in the era of #metoo. He’s already not trusted.

Also it’s 52/48-ish.

Just sayin.

Whitlam posted:

Yeah I get that we're all in various flavours of the left in here, and we wouldn't be us if we weren't eternally pessimistic, but if you honestly think there's a real and likely chance that the Libs will win the election, I think you need to take a step back from politics for a minute and just breathe.

Quoting myself but I stand by it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

He was just going to call an election without anyone noticing?

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."
It’s almost on!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

So he was going to secretly call an election then pop up the next day in Tasmania and casually mention he had called an election the previous night, for what purpose?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

welp just checking in after a day of not being online and i have to admit I was wrong and the Anning piece won’t change anyone opinions or minds, thanks to all that dunked on me, because y’all were right and ridicule, opinion and research don’t matter to these hogs

also, lolling at a secret election. gently caress Morrison is just the worst at everything.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
He's just loving with people. Or someone not involved leaked that to Sky to put pressure on him to get on with it

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Is it just me or does anyone think this Captain GetUp thing is going to blow up hilariously for the LNP? It's giving Zali Steggall a shitload of free publicity, what the gently caress were they thinking?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_JBDRk8o0

Exclusive footage of the Prime Minister's plan being put into action.

King Arthur = Scott Morrison
Rabbit = Early Election
Castle = Governor General's Residence
French men = Press Gallery

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 10, 2019

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

thatfatkid posted:

Is it just me or does anyone think this Captain GetUp thing is going to blow up hilariously for the LNP? It's giving Zali Steggall a shitload of free publicity, what the gently caress were they thinking?

Their combined IQ isn't even equal to a single Waleed Aly so there's that

Edit: it's May 18. Looks like the plan was more about having the shortest campaign possible than delaying the election.

Don Dongington fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 10, 2019

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JJ posted:

It's a shame that addressing the fact a fall is a going to happen would be electoral suicide, because it would be really satisfying to see Labor come out and say "yes the market is probably going to drop a little, yes we need to end negastive gearing, all of this is because Howard and Costello hosed over young people by causing housing prices to skyrocket under their watch and it had to slow down".

Of course actually doing that would be 100x worse than "the recession we had to have", but a man can dream.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/matttburke/status/1115824192820318208

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

So he was going to secretly call an election then pop up the next day in Tasmania and casually mention he had called an election the previous night, for what purpose?

Because the potential to win three seats in Tasmania is apparently worth all of this effort.

Narrator: it wasn’t, and he didn’t.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8
(Pictured: ScoMo calling the election 'In the dark of the night')

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

You should have seen the toilets

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

20k is a small price to pay to escape watching the cricket

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Teddy from Veep kinda looks like Mitch Fifield.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

In the dark of the night I was tossing and turning,
and the nightmare I had was as bad as can be.
it scared me out of my wits!
my poll numbers falling to bits!
then I opened my eyes and the nightmare was me!
I was once the most fair dinkem treasurer in all Australia (ooh ahh ooh)
when that Turnbull betrayed me he made a mistake (ooh ahh ooh)
my curse made each of them pay
but one little seat got away,
little Wentworth beware, it's a seat to take!
In the dark of the night evil will find her
in the dark of the night just before dawn
revenge will be sweet,
when the poll is complete,
in the dark of the night, she'll be gone!
I can feel that my powers are slowly returning
cook my snag and a dash of surplus to then tell!
as the pieces fall into place,
I'll see them crawl into place,
Then bid Turnbull and Shorten, farewell!
In the dark of the night, terror will find them (terror's the least I tell you!)
in the dark of the night, evil will brew
soon they will feel,
that their nightmares are real
in the dark of the night, they'll be through
in the dark of the night evil will find them (find them)
in the dark of the night, terror comes true (doom them)
Bill, heres a sign,
of a new trend line,
in the dark of the night (2x)
*summoning Sky after dark*
Come, my minions
rise for your master,
let your evil shine
find them now, yes fly ever faster
in the dark of the night (3x)
The election shall be mine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Abc radio saying happyclapper sloganbogan will call election tomorrow morning for may 18th.