Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ElNarez posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, France has the worst media class in the world. Little cop fucks that care more for the well-being of their powerful patrons than they do for any kind of public good, throwing every possible smear out there at anyone not operating in the service of power.

https://twitter.com/BalanceTonMedia/status/1151220812294152194

https://twitter.com/BalanceTonMedia/status/1151391057957011456

lol checked out the british press lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

so my country's news are full of stuff about anarchists "hijacking" the paris marche pour le climat, can anyone give a view from the ground on that?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Kurtofan posted:

https://twitter.com/HZ_Press/status/1184198610201825282?s=19

Rooting for the people who put out fires personaly

wot's all dis den

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

YaketySass posted:

Someone smarter than me could probably make an analysis regarding how Marianne, allegory of the Republic, our values, etc. is represented here not as a pissed-off populist figure, a protective matron or a high-minded ideal, but as a model of conventionally attractive feminity, and how perhaps that reflects how "frenchness" is increasingly defended by some people as a sort of indolent heterosexual hedonism where you're safe from the terrorists who hate us for our wine and our sexy chicks and from #MeToo ideologues who want to kill chivalry and romance.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

nah this seems like a reasonable starting point imo

the subversion of all romantic symbols to icons of consumerism under late capitalism seems like the starting point for an interesting monograph

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

hollande you fucker you just hosed everything up and if you had a shred of honour you'd commit loving seppuku

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

there was *such* opportunity in 2012, and that idiot midget just went and shat himself so hard he destroyed his entire party

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

pre-2008 it's hard to really judge politicians for succombing to some measure of neoliberalism - my sense from mitterand is that he did try, but he wasn't able to maneuver away from the apparent iron laws of the day; in retrospect, the euro in particular was a really bad idea. jospin, of course, is mainly notable for getting owned by le pen so lol gently caress that guy.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it is absolutely infuriating that the basic way the EU functions is so heavily influenced by the idiot ramblings of a gang of eighties yankees. it could've been non-terrible and a means for building solidarity between the peoples of europe! and now it's just stupid. i hate everything.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

stand fast, comrades! we dream of the revolution

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it must be said, at least some of you lot try to resist. this sort of poo poo just sort of goes through to ineffectual grumbling most other western nations

re the strike, my understanding is that it's not necessarily about the idea of reforming pensions in and of itself, but rather the unilateralist approach and a more general revolt against managerial neoliberalism? I.e. macron is trying to just take away something that's been won through activism and organisation and that's why everyone (including the yellow unions) is so royally pissed off - is this a reasonable handle?

V. Illych L. has issued a correction as of 11:00 on Jan 15, 2020

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Kurtofan posted:

They don't need a law, the interior ministry is in charge of elections.
And saying gently caress you to people is Lrem's mo at this point

especially people outside of the bigger cities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

could someone link or give me a timeline of the police violence protests? they've been going on for a while, before the adama traore case, no?