Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I don't get why you guys, in the latter-half of the 2018 season, are all up in arms every time a team passes on Kap. It's been almost a literal 2 full calendar years since he's played a down (for really bad reasons, clearly).

The dude obviously has a unique skillset, but how long do you think it would take to completely rework an offense to be suited to that skillset? During this past offseason, sure, I get it, but doing it mid-season in the middle of a playoff race? Seems like it would be a recipe for disaster.

Yea, you could never replace Alex Smith with Colin Kaepernick mid-season, he’d never be able to run an Alex Smith offense, what a disaster that season would turn into...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Haha this dude rules. Or actually sucks depending on the reaaon

yeah I'm grudgingly impressed that a long snapper could even get enough attention to draw a suspension like that. is it normal for them to release suspension news without giving any cause?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Even then, whether it works or not There is at least the possibility Kap could be as good as he was when he last played. You know exactly what your getting with Mark. It ain’t good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Athanatos posted:

This is a fair argument, but Vick sat for 2 years, didn't QB for 3 and came back and had a 3000 yard season at age 30.

I think Kaep would be just fine.

Vick is also a better athlete than Kap, had Andy Reid, and had a season of camp and practice to actually get in football shape.

Give Kap those same things minus Reid and yeah, I think he'd be fine. Right now? No way

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chris James 2 posted:

Also EA is patching Hunt out of Madden

Wow, definitely didn't expect that

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

CharlestheHammer posted:

Even then, whether it works or not There is at least the possibility Kap could be as good as he was when he last played. You know exactly what your getting with Mark. It ain’t good.

Kap when he last played was pretty awful. https://gfycat.com/impeccableimpeccableannashummingbird

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/sta...14%26page%3D146

I'm here for the synchronized scooting

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/1070101867747819521?s=21

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Refs have had an amazing year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1070088322331107329?s=21

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Stats wise he was good, I think Jon Bois did a video in it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RotoWear/status/1069933756067315713

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Haha this dude rules. Or actually sucks depending on the reaaon

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1070107478765883393

giving his all to be better for the team. verdict: rules.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

CharlestheHammer posted:

Stats wise he was good, I think Jon Bois did a video in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I0cUTXwr-k

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
All that video proves is a bunch of other QBs aren't good enough to be starters either. Kap should be in the league, but only as a back up.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
now that Mahomes is properly established, I think the Chiefs would be nuts not to consider Kap as a backup. it's hard to imagine a better situation for him, or them

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

a neat cape posted:

Vick is also a better athlete than Kap, had Andy Reid, and had a season of camp and practice to actually get in football shape.

Give Kap those same things minus Reid and yeah, I think he'd be fine. Right now? No way

And either way who the hell wants the media circus that would come with Kaep a few weeks before the playoffs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

All that video proves is a bunch of other QBs aren't good enough to be starters either. Kap should be in the league, but only as a back up.

First of all, the video doesn't argue anything more or less than that: that Kaepernick deserves, at the very least, a backup job but also exceeds many starters in terms of statistics. Second of all it doesn't really figure that Kaep being better than many starters means he doesn't deserve a starting job. Because that's exactly what that means, really

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Do "media circuses" even matter

Seems like a team could tune it out super easily if they really wanted to

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean when was the last media circus. Hell the Urban Meyer thing lasted about a week and that involved him actively lying.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Do "media circuses" even matter

Seems like a team could tune it out super easily if they really wanted to

The president is a reality TV star that campaigned on bitching about players kneeling. There is no end in the remotely nearish future.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
it's pretty genius on the part of the owners, to completely ignore Kaep for 2 years and then have the excuse to say "Well, he hasn't started in two years, whatever can we do :shrug:" and everyone eats it up

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Every team needs a starting QB so whether or not they all deserve it there’s gonna be 32 of them. Unless the bottom 10 teams all run the wildcat or triple option full time or whatever.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Low Desert Punk posted:

it's pretty genius on the part of the owners, to completely ignore Kaep for 2 years and then have the excuse to say "Well, he hasn't started in two years, whatever can we do :shrug:" and everyone eats it up

I think signing Kaep, having him suck, and then cutting him would be way more convincing though if the argument is that he probably sucks now. Just takes some brave individual with deep pockets to take one for the team (league).

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean when was the last media circus. Hell the Urban Meyer thing lasted about a week and that involved him actively lying.

Yeah, but you know drat well this would be national news, if not international, especially after Trump threw his manchild tantrum that Colin was back, followed by Goodell handing out a lifetime ban the second his knee touched turf

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1070075592869965824?s=19

:3:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Inspector 34 posted:

I think signing Kaep, having him suck, and then cutting him would be way more convincing though if the argument is that he probably sucks now. Just takes some brave individual with deep pockets to take one for the team (league).

that's true but also actively opposed to their current strategy of never bringing it up and hoping everyone forgets about colin kaepernick. when in reality what is the first thing most of us think of when a starting qb goes down?

Low Desert Punk posted:

lol yep

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, you could never replace Alex Smith with Colin Kaepernick mid-season, he’d never be able to run an Alex Smith offense, what a disaster that season would turn into...

Lmao holy poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I swear sometimes Andy just sits down talking to Mahomes for entire defensive series. And I don't really think it's a bad idea if Pat is getting something from it, not like Andy's the best at challenges or particularly cares about defense or anything.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Every team needs a starting QB so whether or not they all deserve it there’s gonna be 32 of them. Unless the bottom 10 teams all run the wildcat or triple option full time or whatever.

That's actually probably a good idea when the options are between a RB/QB or Bortles, Gabert and their ilk.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Andy has his lane and he's good at it. I figure that he probably understands who he is.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Does anyone have the original Aaron Rodgers Civil War thing so I can blast the Andrew Luck Civil War people who are blasting the Patrick Mahomes Civil War twitter feed for being unoriginal?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
somebody should do Revolutionary War letters. or Reconquista letters

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
NFL suspended administrated leaved the ref who called that Bills player a bitch.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1070101441413554176

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1070107478765883393

giving his all to be better for the team. verdict: rules.

Gotta love a long snapper juicing

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
could you snap the ball to a long snapper and just have him snap it out 20 yards to a receiver on a drag route

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

Nah, just anti "Kap would be a great starting QB right now in 2018 when he hasn't been in the league for two years."

I said the same thing about Mike Vick the year the Eagles picked him up and whoops.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Kaepernick's greatest value at this point is serving as a continuing "look at the kind of poo poo they're putting at QB to avoid hiring me" example. If some team took a flyer on him and he went 9/19 for 87 yards, the Blue Lives matter people would literally repeal the 13th Amendment in jubilation

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Low Desert Punk posted:

could you snap the ball to a long snapper and just have him snap it out 20 yards to a receiver on a drag route

Of course, for an example just watch any pass by Tim Tebow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

e: ^ not a response to this post

Colin Kaepernick wasn’t Tim Tebow, good lord. He’s fully capable of doing everything Mark Sanchez did last night. You don’t need to install a “special package” for him.