Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I've had pretty good luck with meguiars back to black. It lasts a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

STR posted:

Oh hey I have the same oil filter on my EJ25 right now. :v:

What year and model is that? I'm in an 03 Outback with either the EJ251 or EJ253 (I think it's the 251); the HGs aren't leaking externally. Yet. No milkshake. Yet. Subaru forum thinktanks seem to say the 01+ motors tend to leak externally instead of internally. :ohdear: I just know the rear crank seal shuffled off of this mortal plane a long time ago. They also seem to think that the Gates timing belt kit is Bad News<tm>, which makes me nervous, as it has a Gates timing belt sticker on the timing cover.

I put a Gates on mine and I just had to swap a new tensioner on after 12k fwiw

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Most people kill then eat them but its a free country I guess

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

That's what killed the tcu in my stupid B5. It's on the passenger side floor, flat, and the drain in the cowl under the battery clogs really easy. I will die hating that car

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Dagen H posted:

Problem already solved, I pulled the fuse out of the big weird terminal box atop the battery (pic later).

One or two of the flat metal fuses in that box are for the cooling fans. The connections sometimes get corroded and melt the box when the resistance goes up so might just want to check them to prevent that. A lot of people would toss the cover and that might be what causes it so if yours is still there it might be ok but easy thing to check