Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
it's got bad enough branding that almost everyone i know has it but more than half of them refer to it as "that traffic cone thing".

so good job on that, i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
i don’t know why, but videos look better in mpv than vlc. it might be the black level thing, it’s like the contrast is better or something.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Generic Monk posted:

literally just download mpc-hc on it’s own, it plays literally everything

best non-windows option is mpv, or iina (mpv with a nice coat of paint) on osx
mpv is fine on Windows too. it even looks better ootb than vlc inexplicably.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Maximum Leader posted:

iina and potplayer are good. k-lite is a hacked up Kazaa client from 2003. id avoid anything related to it
well it was a companion program to kazaa lite, the hacked up kazaa client, to help you play all those hosed up encodes of the matrix reloaded and 40 megabyte south park realmedia rmvb’s. it’s not gonna give your computer cancer, but it is a relic of days gone.

• Locked thread