Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Hey, this thread is really cool and is making me want to dig out the ol' ProKreate. I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's WIPs and it's super educational.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Oh, I should try to sculpt up some T'au antenna since I seem to have lost a bunch in the past few years and a straight line block should be simple enough to try....."

Twenty minutes later and I'm remembering how much I hate ProCreate and my own utter lack of skill. Going to have to keep at it. Are there any good youtube channels to check out?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Does anybody have tips for sculpting a part of a model? My cats apparently knocked a mini in progress on the floor where my puppy could chew on it, and now it kinda looks like Meltman from Action League Now! and is missing about an arm and a half. I have a replacement for one of the arms and the weapon, but the model's pose is holding the weapon with both hands so I'm going to need to like....wire it to the shoulder and build up over the wire to make it fit and look good, just wondering if there's any tricks I should know.

Luckily a lot of the damage on the model itself is either stuff that you won't really notice is gone with some decent cleanup since it's a really organic sculpt, basically an angry caveman - the random bone spikes and stuff on his armor are probably a lost cause but I can weather that into battle damage pretty easily. The other stuff is things I can (hopefully) easily sculpt full replacements for, like a loincloth, or things that will be easy to obscure if I screw up, like the toes on one foot. I'm just worried my limited sculpting skills will make this guy end up with a dumb looking noodle-arm.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Hedningen posted:

I’d hoped to have pictures of my first commercially-cast miniature by now, but it’s a low priority job for the caster and also they were apparently hit by a car, so instead you get some random thoughts on sculpting.

Whoa. Congrats to you (and a quick recovery to them)!