Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Would anyone mind sharing some advice wrt sculpting long hair? I have a couple of short haired models I'd like to extend a little bit but I'm not having a great time of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Hedningen posted:

Effort Post

Thanks! Well, in particular I'm trying to extend the hair a bit on some Sisters of Battle models for a particular look. It's necessarily going to have to drape over the shoulder pads and flow backwards due to the action pose.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So it sounds like you don't want to add the hair as one piece that you shape, but add it piece by piece? How would you blend them to the hair already on a model cleanly? Blending multiple strands seems like an issue of working them together at the right time.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Hedningen posted:

Depends on the model, really. Trimming off the bottom bit of the hair might work, as well as following the already established lines of the hair.

I’m mostly saying that it’s easier to make it more dynamic if you add the major forms and refine them than simply attaching the hair all at once and trying to get it to work.

Do you have pictures of what you’re trying to do? I can hopefully be more helpful that way.

Thanks. I'll have to get pictures once I get home for you.