Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Trin and Pep alert.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUEHGDy9RWg

The end credits to this made me giggle. Plus it looks like Phi Phi's still out and about! Good for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Trinity's music videos have owned so hard they make up for the songs themselves.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

The drag race wiki says Santino will be back to judge S11 and obviously that won't happen but imagine :allears:

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

If y'all aren't behind Yvie Oddly for S11 already idk what to tell you

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm behind Brooke and her Canadian flag as gently caress confessional outfit

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also Vanessa Mateo obvs

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Youth Decay posted:

If y'all aren't behind Yvie Oddly for S11 already idk what to tell you

I never trust pre-season spoilerfree predictions. There are many talented queens out there who simply don't translate well to television and stumble once in the competition, and there are many queens who are very rough around the edges who only come into their own once the show teaches them what they can be capable of.

So while that's an interesting look, in terms of the show, it doesn't look like anything to me.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Nihonniboku posted:

I never trust pre-season spoilerfree predictions. There are many talented queens out there who simply don't translate well to television and stumble once in the competition, and there are many queens who are very rough around the edges who only come into their own once the show teaches them what they can be capable of.

So while that's an interesting look, in terms of the show, it doesn't look like anything to me.

Actual spoiler here for the curious----------------------------> Yvie makes it to the top 4<---------------------------------

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

if I knew how to make gifs I'd make one of Rupaul laughing and saying "Monique, that bitch is always directing my show" or whatever it was

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yvie's already one of my first impression faves, along with Platique and Honey. And of course I'm also gunning for Vanjie. Nina West seems cool too; we need some more old schoolers to represent.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

I think it was less making the boat all about her, but making the Fire Island poo poo about her. Milan's message was confused, whereas Willam pissed all over that runway and had a single coherent theme of pride in one's self.

Also he sucked up to Ru w/r/t being inspired by Ru's book so that helps lmao

Pretty much this. If you do a direct comparison Milan's boat was a mess. Meanwhile, Willam really committed to making the boat all about her (literally covering the boat with her face, making a show of ditching the boat as soon as she got on the runway to show off her jacket). Also worth noting she sucked up to Ru by telling her how her words helped her feel pride in herself, tying it into the theme.

It also helped that the week before she was told she needed to show vunerability so on the runway she takes a moment to talk about her marriage and how marriage equality in california being revoked had affected her.

Tldr: she knew how to play the game from day 1 when drag race was still finding its feet and that deserves respect if nothing else.

Actually gently caress it. Lemme just gush about Willam some more.

When I first watched season 4 I saw it out of order and not in the best quality (I was in the UK and it was too hard to get at the time). I thought Willam was good but she wasn't my fave (though her calling out Phi Phi at the reunion really was special). A few things I got exposed to later really made me pay attention:

-Her online videos. Both her music videos and her beatdown videos hilighted her comedic chops that didn't always come through on drag race
-Watching Untucked. From the first episode Willam knew the cameras were on her and made sure to entertain. So many good moments ( her fight with Milan ("is the carpet comfortable" the confrontation with Phi Phi in the gold room etc)
-Seeing her perform live. She was so good at playing with the audience, was hilarious and was just really strong throughout).

I understand why people wouldn't like her but the more I see the more I love her. Granted, I'm super biased since she was super charming at a meet and greet I was lucky to attend.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Nyeehg posted:

Granted, I'm super biased since she was super charming at a meet and greet I was lucky to attend.
Willam's a blast to hang out with for sure. Totally charming, engaged and very very smart, great people-chops. If he were more of a full-of-poo poo sociopath he'd be a fantastic politician.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I can't find anywhere to let me watch Untucked for season 4, so I've been watching it without and it just isn't the same.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I like Willam because he comes off as a dirty bitch in so many ways on social media but a fundamentally good-hearted dirty bitch :allears:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Courtney's first week on DWTSAU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTeLAnTsUuE

That was not an 8, but as always I need to recalibrate my DWTS judging on the celeb scale...

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

curiousTerminal posted:

I can't find anywhere to let me watch Untucked for season 4, so I've been watching it without and it just isn't the same.

Season 4 untucked is probably my favorite, tho I'm not even sure where I watched that one, probably Logo. It's not even on Amazon anymore. What the gently caress? Bar queen?

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

Courtney's first week on DWTSAU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTeLAnTsUuE

That was not an 8, but as always I need to recalibrate my DWTS judging on the celeb scale...

Caughtny. We need to talk about that boy hair.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Someone dumped this on me with no context so all of you have to see this cursed content too

https://youtu.be/EEyLpXqeCcY

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

There's no drag race tonight what the hell am I supposed to do on a Friday after work :confused:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Eej posted:

Someone dumped this on me with no context so all of you have to see this cursed content too

There's so much wrong with this that I don't really know what to focus on first??? Should I go for the horrible vocal mixing? The fact that she can't lipsync her own song? The sets which care all clearly just someone's backyard/kitchen/driveway?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Without clicking, is that Serena Chacha's iconique video for Drag Money?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

curiousTerminal posted:

There's so much wrong with this that I don't really know what to focus on first??? Should I go for the horrible vocal mixing? The fact that she can't lipsync her own song? The sets which care all clearly just someone's backyard/kitchen/driveway?

I really like that somehow, the best lit shot is an outside public beach area. Everyone else is lit like loving trash but somehow that one location got lit properly

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eej posted:

Well that's certainly

a thing.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Willam was on Homophilia today, and spilled a lot of tea. A lot of it we've heard before, a lot of it was new to me. I'll try and repeat what I can remember that sounded new.

- Kenya cut herself real bad during a challenge, and Willam began demanding safety training for the cast. That was the start of the producers hating her.

- Another time Willam got into a fight with the producers, and this British producer started yelling at him saying that if Willam didn't like how they ran things, then he could leave the show. So he left and started packing up. The other producers began begging him to come back, and he refused to until the British guy publicly apologized to him. That same producer later hosed Willam in the bathroom at the wrap party.

- Willam never intended to stay the whole time because he had a gig in New York doing this Jersey Shore parody musical. During the wet t-shirt contest, Daniel Franzese was in the audience, and asked Willam what he was doing there, knowing that Willam had the gig. Willam replied that he was still planning on going, he figured that he could stay until episode 8 and still make it in time. He was working on trying to get fired from Drag Race. Daniel encouraged him to ditch the musical and stick with Drag Race. Willam disagreed.

- We all know now how they film each runway twice, once with music, and once without so that they can record the judges commentary. For the boat challenge, they wanted to film it 4 times, twice in the boat, and twice out of the boat. They filmed the other girls first, and Willam last. Willam was like, this is stupid, so he got out of the boat at the end of the runway. The judges then proceeded to criticize the other girls for not doing the same, which of course pissed off the other queens.

- We've heard the stories about the horrendous food situation on set. One day they were budgeted for only $75 for dinner all 12 queens. On top of that, they were constantly calling the queens by the wrong name, including racist names for Latrice. So Willam, Chad and Latrice all refused in protest to get in the van until they were given something actually real to eat.

- Even back in season 4, there was on a rule on set that none of the queens were to even look at Ru, let alone speak to, if she hadn't addressed them first.

- The last time Ru and Willam spoke was a flurry of "gently caress YOU" exchanged back and forth. You've probably heard that Mathu Anderson was fired after the start of filming season 9 over a salary dispute. When they submitted the show for Emmy consideration, they submitted episode 1 for hair and makeup, but submitted whoever took over after Mathu left the show. So Willam got angry on behalf of Mathu, and called the Emmys to let them know that Mathu was in charge in episode 1. The Emmys looked into it, found out that what Willam said was true, so they dropped the other names, and put Mathu in their place. This resulted in the angry phone call from Ru.

- The winning queens are contractually obligated to make appearances on the show whenever summoned. World of Wonder has repeatedly forced queens to cancel tour dates to come and make a 30 second appearance on the show.

- Despite all of this, Willam says he has a good relationship with World of Wonder, just not Ru, and as a result will probably never work with them again.

- Willam worked as a sex worker as a teenager, and claims to have had over 100 clients during that time. This was disturbing to hear, because he says he would lie about his age, and claim to be 18, when he was actually significantly younger.

- He met his husband at 18 while working the door at Mickey's. They had a "policy" where you didn't need to pay a cover if you showed your dick. His husband pulled out the biggest dick he had ever seen, and then came back a short while later to show it off fully erect. Willam claimed he was sick, and left to go to a hotel with him. They began hanging out more and more before making things official. After being together for over 15 years, they are now separated, but remain on good terms, and while they don't plan to get back together, they don't plan on divorcing anytime soon.

- His husband is a successful attorney, and actually grew up with Homophilia cohost Dave Holmes.

- Despite earlier reports that Gaga specifically requested that Shangela and Willam be in A Star is Born, Willam says that he had to audition several times, and didn't know for a long time if he was cast.

- Willam will star with Lady Bunny in the sequel to Wigstock The Movie.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 23, 2019

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

- The last time Ru and Willam spoke was a flurry of "gently caress YOU" exchanged back and forth. You've probably heard that Mathu Anderson was fired after the start of filming season 9 over a salary dispute. When they submitted the show for Emmy consideration, they submitted episode 1 for hair and makeup, but submitted whoever took over after Mathu left the show. So Willam got angry on behalf of Mathu, and called the Emmys to let them know that Mathu was in charge in episode 1. The Emmys looked into it, found out that what Willam said was true, so they dropped the other names, and put Mathu in their place. This resulted in the angry phone call from Ru.

I heard what I assume was some illicit voice from the Race Chaser patreon (which I am not a part of) that indicated that Ru is actually paying for Mathu's medical bills and Willam was more upset that she would foot the bill but not go see the man. Which is awful but certainly a different kind of awful. I doubt I could find the clip again if I tried so, eh. Hearsay at best.

Nihonniboku posted:

The winning queens are contractually obligated to make appearances on the show whenever summoned. World of Wonder has repeatedly forced queens to cancel tour dates to come and make a 30 second appearance on the show.

This has been known for a while and I recall that even a percentage of their own independent social media feeds was beholden to WoW? Willam has been vocal about this in the past and it may have changed, but .. those contracts are harsh.

Nihonniboku posted:

Willam worked as a sex worker as a teenager, and claims to have had over 100 clients during that time. This was disturbing to hear, because he says he would lie about his age, and claim to be 18, when he was actually significantly younger.

He and Katya both talk about their hookin' days on [Willam's episode of Whimsically Volatile](http://whimsicallyvolatile.libsyn.com/episode-11-willam), which is a very fun and disturbing listen.

Nihonniboku posted:

Willam will star with Lady Bunny in the sequel to Wigstock The Movie.

YES. I look forward to it.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
DRT remains great.

I realized that Tormai looks like one of my coworkers if he were Thai and it's bizarre. The chin and eyes and cheekbones and the smile are so goddamn similar.

Drag and Thai food? I am loving in.

Putting more effort into the setup for a minichallenge than RPDR did for most of the challenges in AS4. All that produce looks so goddamn delicious, too.

"I haven't seen this type of work since I was in kindergarten. It's very kindergarten, I love it."

I am definitely getting Thai takeout tonight. I hope the chef is as handsome as the one on this show but I know in my heart he will be a 20 year old white guy who works as a cook so he can ski all day.

You get you some, Bandit.

That green curry made my mouth water, I need that in my face.

Art's hat is sure a thing.

"Owl Arya"

Panpan going off about trans acceptance in drag, gently caress yeah Panpan.

Angele & Bandit were my favorites because they took the idea and went interesting places. Sri Mala's outfit was good but in some ways she reminds me of Bianca where it's very well put together but it's not fundamentally "huh what a cool twist on the idea" in what it is.

Genie & Vanda should have been the bottom, and I forgot entirely about Tormai so, well :v: The bottom was what it should have been. Vanda killed that lipsync though.

Drag Race Thailand: I'm hurting so I'm eating

Seriously though look at this goddamn beautiful man :nws: but not flashing dick: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0HA8JhU0AAK4fd.jpg

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tendai posted:

Seriously though look at this goddamn beautiful man :nws: but not flashing dick: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0HA8JhU0AAK4fd.jpg

...gently caress...

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
That lip sync in DRT had me screaming

Also Panpan keeps showing what a good judge should be. He's amazing. So is art. And Madame mod. She wore a whole loving dog to last seasons finale.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

curiousTerminal posted:

I bought s4 Untucked on iTunes but it was actually season 5. I made them refund me and scolded them for mislabeling it (and because I never would have purchased s5) but I don’t know if they ever changed it. Still have never seen s4 Untucked.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
OutTV has em all but they're Canadian so I dunno if that helps

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

vaginadeathgrip posted:

I bought s4 Untucked on iTunes but it was actually season 5. I made them refund me and scolded them for mislabeling it (and because I never would have purchased s5) but I don’t know if they ever changed it. Still have never seen s4 Untucked.

Untucked's numbering has always been weird since Season One had Under the Hood or whatever, Untucked's number is usually a season behind.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

Tendai posted:

DRT remains great.

Genie & Vanda should have been the bottom, and I forgot entirely about Tormai so, well :v: The bottom was what it should have been. Vanda killed that lipsync though.

Word up. Mmm. I actually really liked Tormai's outfit, visually at least. I might not have understood the challenge either. Srimala gets points from me just for wearing a loving fried egg. Vanda's was sick as hell, and she's my pick to win. Genie had a good idea, but the execution wasn't great, you do you I guess...

DRT: That Hooting Bitch

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
is this a subtitle for DRT or my brain?

Jr. posted:

Trin and Pep alert.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUEHGDy9RWg

The end credits to this made me giggle. Plus it looks like Phi Phi's still out and about! Good for her.

omg I'm just now watching this, too. I almost couldn't make it past the slurring speech in the beginning but I did like the song & video. It's a loving masterpiece compared to ChaCha. Serena, please stick with the wig gig.

resting mitch face fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 24, 2019

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
I don't really have any clue who's going to win DRT. Is there a clear front-runner this season in the way Annee Maywong and Natalia were?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

warez posted:

I don't really have any clue who's going to win DRT. Is there a clear front-runner this season in the way Annee Maywong and Natalia were?

Angele Anang is destroying it. And Vanda Ms. Joaquim is doing very well too.

I was banking on Gimhuay.

I really miss Dearis Doll's talking heads. She was so good. Like Vangie levels of good. And that mug!

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Tendai posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0HA8JhU0AAK4fd.jpg

Genie explaining her outfit to the judges reminded me of a fifth grader who hasn't read the book but still has to present the book report in front the whole class and damned if he isn't going to go down swinging

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Ironic Twist posted:

Genie explaining her outfit to the judges reminded me of a fifth grader who hasn't read the book but still has to present the book report in front the whole class and damned if he isn't going to go down swinging

Oh yeah, when I heard her explanation I looked for PanPan's :| face in the shot of the judges and was not disappointed.

I'm really glad Vanda Miss Joaquim killed that lipsync - she's really grown on me and even though she did deserve to be in the bottom this week, I hope her excellent lip sync propels her forward. She and Bandit are my favorite for looks, and I like Srimala a lot for personality. Srimala's look this week was really funny and full of character though. I think it's unfortunate Bandit hasn't won any challenges yet, but I think she's consistently in the top at least for me, so I hope she pulls off a win soon.

In non-DRT thoughts, I have been feeling rather uninterested in US Drag Race recently. I was pretty disappointed by AS3, S10, and AS4, and I'm finding it hard to get excited about S11. I think the show has really changed a lot since I fell in love with it (S4 is my favorite season). I still love watching drag on TV and think the queens are really talented, but I'm enjoying DRT and Dragula a lot more than US DR these days. But I really enjoyed S9 even though it was more of the current-day drag race tradition, so I think maybe it's just that I don't like All Stars and S10 was a bit lackluster for me. I am still planning to watch S11 - I hope it recaptures the magic for me.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Speaking of, when are we getting Dragula again?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The first segment of Season 11 is up on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2145336239111083
It's just the intros but if you are feeling withdrawal...

So far I'm cheering for Silky, Brooke Lynn, Yvie, Vanjie, Nina, Soju, and definitely not Ariel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

The Berzerker posted:

The first segment of Season 11 is up on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2145336239111083
It's just the intros but if you are feeling withdrawal...

So far I'm cheering for Silky, Brooke Lynn, Yvie, Vanjie, Nina, Soju, and definitely not Ariel.

My heart is so full that Vanjie is back but I am TEAM MOTHERFUCKING YVIE. I love Scarlet on insta so I'm a little concerned about how she'll do on the show... out of drag she's so hot :swoon: