Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

My tv-watching time took a serious hit while the year progressed so i stuck mostly to the things i knew. I had an early shoe-in for the #1 spot but an unexpected challenger rose up and put on a consistently good show. In the end, i had to decide betwen the show, that made me long for the next episode as soon as one ended and the show, who delivered happy good times every loving time. So, who will win? Read the list to find out!

Runner-ups:
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Short season that for me didn't hit often, but when it did... ooh boy.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Just not feeling it this time.
- Charmed: From the trailers i expected to like Sabrina way better, But the three surprisingly were way more /charming/ while the other was a boring mess. Good background watch.
- New Strike Back would for sure be on this list, but i'm not sure if it aired this year? Don't look, my list stands.

10 Wynonna Earp
Always jusst not making the list, but this year you made it girl! For next season i just wish they would dial down a bit on the everyone being some sort of magical being shtick. It's definitely a guilty pleasure and i would not insist you watch more than one episode if you didn't like it. But give it a try.

9 Titans
Intriguing and - to me - unknown superhero-team ('cept for Robin). Caught my interest in where this is going and being astoundingly brutal on the way makes for a place in this year's Top 10.

8 Agents of SHIELD
Everyone knows now what this is about. Still good, but the arcs did not catch me as much this time, so losing some points.

7 Hilda
This is the show parents should watch with their children. Just so relaxing and nice without being a shallow mess.

6 Happy!
Ummh, i don't know how to describe this? The Product of a Hate-gently caress while on drugs between Crank, Max Payne and Fear&Loathing? It's an absolute insane ride anyone should at least try once. Just to see what bizzarity unfolds on the screen.

5 Ash vs Evil Dead
I was sorry to see this innovative little slasher-hommage go. But on the other hand, it went out with a bang and an open end before it could get repetitive. Hail to the King!

4 Killjoys
They use their two last seasons order to full effect, bringing the story to save the universe on a nice trajectory for the endgame. Plus, they had time for a good old Bountyhunting Episode. This is just a very fun space-show - but you must like or at least be resistent to flapsy dialogues!

3 Z-Nation

This season they made a whole lot more things right but i think they've been struggling for some time now to stay fresh. It's sad to see Doc, 10k, Murphy & co go. for now. Hoping for one or more stand-alone movies. The well established and beloved characters and the world would be perfect for something like this. By the way: They were never near the Grand Canyon!

2 The Expanse

Epic Space Opera from the perspective of a ragtag-crew caught in the middle is extremely my jam. And this season it delivered the mystery, the fights and the politics again in spades. Add the unexpected cancelation and the miracle that was the continuation, which had me make good on my promise to Mr. Bezos and made me an Amazon Prime Subscriber.

1 Legends of Tomorrow

Yeah. These Time-Idiots are the heroes we deserve and by god do we need them! If you like fun, you must watch this. If you're fed up with those broody grimdark poo poo, watch it! It's insane and the writers are comedic geniuses with an astoundig love to detail. And you just see how the cast loves that poo poo. A show well deserving of the 10 points for making me feel good on a weekly basis!

Disclaimer: made in a hurry, probably subject to change. But i so want you all to watch some good tv :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Thank you very much for organizing this event in such a masterful manner again, Rarity!

I wish for more participation next year. It would be well deserved.