Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
10. Swedish Dicks
Two swedes (Peter Stormare and Johan Glans) open a detective agency in LA. Shenanigans and Keanu Reeves happens.

9. Seal Team
Compelling military action together with strong character growth.

8. The Terror
Julius Caesar and Brutus put aside their differences and decide to explore the northwest passage, then proceed to get stuck in the ice. Gorgeous and scary show.

7. The Expanse
The more this show has moved away from inner-solar politics the better it has become, a pure science fiction show that you rarely see on tv. Only downside is that I can only understand half of what the belters say.

6. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
This show is fun and has taken all the best bits of the first season and improved upon them, Coming from a country without a big jewish culture it is just as interesting to see how the entire jewish culture worked in the 50's.

5. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
A mediocre show from the 90's get a fun and chilling redo. One of the surprise hits of 2018.

4. Billions
Never has a topic I know so little about and care even less for been so interesting. Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti with their acting prowess alone make it compelling tv. Adding Asia Kate Dillon as a non-binary character has also been a great addition.

3. Agents of Shield
In a time where DC pumps out a ton of mediocre low budget shows, and the marvels netflix struggle to fill 13 episodes of content, Agents of Shield has put out 22 episodes of story each season without any of them feeling superfluous . You won't find any top tier superheroes here, just great stories and compelling characters. The stand out is Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz who for years now has put out an amazing performance.

2. Legion
Legion is very weird, and I like weird.

1. The Good Place
I am not really a fan of american comedy. As a rule the best comedy shows have one good season and then start fizzling out, it happened with Glee, New Girl, Brooklyn 99 and so many others. It just feels like the showrunners are so busy reacting to new-found popularity that they throw away everything that made them good and popular. Better off Ted is an exception, but as funny as that was, it featured thin characters and unremarkable stories.
Out of three seasons of The Good Place there has been maybe a single episode I didn't find funny, it is incredibly clever and inventive, it has good actors playing great characters and the story moves at a blinding pace.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Ugh sorry, I thought I had doublechecked that all my shows came out in 2018. I edited my list.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 14, 2018

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I must admit that I only made it halfway through the first episode of Atlanta, it just didn’t seem that interesting. But clearly I am missing out on something.