Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Honorable Mentions - American Dad, Superstore & Will & Grace are all consistent sources of laughs for me. Maniac... I got halfway through and just haven't managed to finish. Legion, you were... good but confusing. Dr Who was solid but not exceptional. American Vandal S2 had a lot of poo poo to deal with, but didn't deserve to be cancelled. Mad as Hell is still great. American Horror Story Apocalypse Started so strong, but then had so many useless flashbacks.

10 - Hilda - A great little kids animation filled with whimsy & care. If I had kids I'd make them watch this and hope they'd take some great little life lessons away from Hilda. If you liked Gravity Falls & Over the Garden Wall but want a more grounded and gentler approach, this is for you.

9 - Handmaid's Tale - Still an hour of misery continually forced down our throats. But with an increased focus on Alexis Bledel & Serena Joy (You'll never make me like her), it was gripping Tv. Still gotta give props to Aunt Lydia for her continued amazing presence. Whenever she's on screen, you can't look away. HOWEVER the final scenes of S2 had me yelling BULLSHIT.

8 - Nailed It - Nicole Byer is an absolute gem who makes this show some great light-hearted entertainment. Whenever she gets thirsty over some of the male contestants, it's a very "Same girl... same" moment in our house. Sometimes contestants do okay, or they get creative, or sneak some alcohol and it's absolutely relatable tv. I'm sure we've all been there at some point and 'Nailed it"

7- The Block - Being an Aussie in the UK, I was perplexed by UK 'renovation programs' which I honestly thought were 1990s reruns until seeing the "Created in 2018" in the closing credits. After this shocking revelation, I had to watch more of the terrible UK renovation shows, (60 minute makeover, House Doctor, Great British Interior Design Challenge) with my British housemates exclaiming that their (hideous) work was 'just lovely'. Getting on my high horse, I then had to inform my housemates that their interior design programming was generally poo poo and that I'd show them something better. What followed was 3 months of The Block in our flat watched at least 3/4 times a week. Sure it was padded out as gently caress and there was useless drama created by the producers, BUT the actual interior design was NICE! Terrible winners though.

6 - Black Mirror: Bandersnatch - This is the future of entertainment and I am HERE FOR IT!

5 - The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - I tuned into this to see if it was good. And over a weekend I was done. It was good. Very good. Forget everything you knew about Melissa Joan Heart's constant misadventures and misfires with her glittery finger and say hello to a gloomy AF setting where the only cheer comes from Sabrina's attitude. There's a lot of satan worshipping, an unexpected orgy and more cannibalism than I expected. The only thing I kind of wanted to see return was the sassy cat. But it's a very watchable show. One day I'll continue Riverdale S2... but not today.

4- Pose - Ryan Murphy's best shows are ones that he sets up and leaves them to work. The worst Ryan Murphy programs are the ones where he is actively involved in every episode and it becomes a whirlwind of chaos. Thankfully POSE is more of the former. Set in NY during the 80s this program focuses on Queer PoC who would usually be marginalised, and through a wide range of characters, share their joys and defeats. While this could easily become a misery-fest (Looking at you Handmaid's Tale), Pose also celebrates the joyous side of queer life.

3- Legends of Tomorrow After a terrible first season, LoT knew what it wanted to be and WENT for it. It's quite frankly the best superhero tv show with more time travel and magical creatures. Oh and they summoned a magical giant 'tickle-me-elmo' stand-in called Beebo. Beebo wrestled a demon before destroying him in a heart-shaped explosion. Wait, come back! You have to watch this show!

2- The Good Place - Look, what hasn't already been said about this show? It's great. Get on board or get the fork outta the way.

1- RuPaul's Drag Race - This show monopolised more of my time than I'm willing to admit. From launch parties to home viewings to pub viewings and then the subsequent Reddit threads & Lee Dawson's RuCaps this program has monopolised more of my mental capacity than what is normal or healthy. And I love it. From All Stars 3: Ben DeLaCreme being amazing, Thorgy rightfully calling out the challenge structure & being eliminated and the BS Jury twist, we got an ok winner in Trixie. Then in Season 10 it was a strong cast with some great challenges which fizzled out towards the end. Finally, All Stars 4 has burst back onto our screens with more GIFable moments. It's a lot of queer tv subverting traditional primetime tv and I love it.

Andrew_1985 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU