Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

10: Maniac
A sci-fi show about perception, reality and meaning. Asks a lot of questions and doesn't force its own answers on the viewer, but also doesn't leave you feeling let down or like you wasted your time. Plus it's a self-contained one-season story so there's no annoying cliffhanger or unresolved plot threads at the end. It's not going to appeal to everyone, but if you're in the target audience then you'll probably like it a lot.

9: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
This show is still pretty funny and hits more often than it misses. Most of the songs are at least good in the context of the episode and many of them are good on their own merits (and excellent in the context of the episode).

8: Riverdale
This spot could have gone to either Riverdale or Gotham as they're pretty much the same show: High-budget soap opera based on a comic. If you like intense melodrama then you should watch both.

7: The Tick
The second half of the season was just as good as the first. The Tick (the character) is just great; an invulnerable idiot who just assumes that everyone around him is just as focused on the fight between good and evil as he is.

6: The Magicians
What if the humans who found Narnia weren't some nice kids but a bunch of lovely adults? Also there's magic and gods and apocalypses and invisible fairies.

5: The Good Place
Somehow this show manages to keep reinventing itself while continuing to be undeniably the same show. I've particularly been enjoying the way each episode of this season has been built around explaining a particular philosophical concept.

4: 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown
Of all the comedy panel shows, this is my favourite. And I watch a ton. Jimmy Carr is endlessly amusing to me, and I like playing along.

3: Shaun Micallef's Mad as Hell
This season has been some of Micallef's funniest material, IMO, and I've particularly enjoyed the fourth-wall breaking (eg. identifying Tosh Greenslade's characters as "Tosh Greenslade in character" and having various characters mention that they need to get changed for a different role or use the wrong voice).

2: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
This is a terrible show and you shouldn't watch it. Bad things just keep happening to some very nice children and only a psychopath could find any joy in it.

1: Happy
Detective Stabler is a killer for hire who's found himself with a cartoon unicorn for a sidekick and a child to save. Very violent, very funny.

Honourable mentions: Killing Eve, Counterpart, You & Press. I had 24 shows listed before I picked out my top ten but those four were the closest to making the cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I loved Joe Pera Talks With You as well, and it narrowly missed being in my top 10 shows (along with Legends of Tomorrow). But add it to your honorable mentions rather than keeping it as #11, or your list might not end up counting at all.

Listing more than ten is fine:

Rarity posted:

3. If you want to list more than ten shows go for it but I'll only count your top ten. If you want to list less than ten shows then go for that too but I won't count it at all. If you don't want to rank your picks then that's fine as well but again, I won't count it.