Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
1. Deutschland 86 S2

My big discovery from this year. I'm a sucker for media based around the cold war time period with spies and stuff. Good music design, fantastic acting, great characters, just a fantastic show.

2. Killing Eve S1

The first show of this year (2019) to really grab me. Eve and Villanelle are such good characters!!

3. The Expanse S3

This show is THE GOODS!! Fantastic characters and great effects. Love having Miller back even if it's only for a short amount of time.

4. Supernatural S13

The boys are still fighting the good fight. This show is like a really good hug to me and I still love it in 2018.

5. Preacher S3

This show is special.

6. Legion S2

I love the interpretation of David & Farouk's powers and the story is just weird and wonderful, of course like all comic book poo poo it had to go into a battle but I still enjoyed it a lot

7. The Magicians S3

Everyone on this show is a fuckup but I love Queen Margo the Destroyer

8. Daredevil S3

Finally, Marvel manage to make something decent after the turds that were Iron Fist, The Defenders, Big Dude and Jessica Jones S2

9. American Horror Story: Apocalypse

I think they finally got their groove back with this one (though they were on track with Cult after the trash that was Roanoke)

10. Atypical S2

Wholesome and funny show about a family. Oh and the main character has autism.

Everything else I saw from 2018 wouldn't make my top 10 (Maniac, the other Marvel series), this list would probably be a lot different if I was caught up on all my shows (Atlanta, Brooklyn 99 & The Americans would be in there for sure).

bowmore fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cant cook creole bream posted:

You might want to find something for the last two places though.
oh ok, cheers, i'll have to re-check my watched list

*edit* done

bowmore fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 4, 2019

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

I updated my list, dropping off The Detectorists, moving everything below it up a place and putting Venture Brothers into the #10 spot. Sorry for the screw-up, Rarity!

I only got halfway through the first season of Deutschland 83 but always meant to catch up. Without giving away any spoilers, is 86 a whole new story or a continuation of 83?
it’s a continuation, 3 years later

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just started watching Cobra Kai after deadline and finished it today, def would have voted for it