Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Didn't watch too much this year so it was a bit harder to make a list. Here's my rushed, half-assed list:

10. Better Call Saul - I wish the Mike storyline connected more to the main plot, but it's great to see Jimmy finally become Saul after so many years.
9. Atlanta - I thought Season 1 was good but not great, but Season 2 really lives up to the ambition that the first season hinted at.
8. Pose - Not a huge Murphy fan but I think he's really in his element here and he manages to create a really emotionally effective underdog story.
7. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - Jojo's continues to be my favorite yearly comfort food anime.
6. American Vandal - Wasn't sure how they would make a second season work but they knocked it out of the park. gently caress Netflix for cancelling their best show.
5. The Good Place - The season isn't over but Good Place continues to be the best comedy on network TV with a really unpredictable and fast pace.
4. Pop Team Epic - Really inventive, experimental anti-comedy that reminds me of early Adult Swim in a good way.
3. Happy! - Pretty much Crank: The TV Series and about as crazy as that would entail.
2. The Shivering Truth - Complete surrealist insanity from the guy who did Xavier Renegade Angel that feels simultaneously stream-of-consciousness and heavily labored over. The Twilight Zone by way of Lynch, Jodorowsky, and Dali.
1. Joe Pera Talks With You - A quiet, low-key show about enjoying the small things in life and being kind to others. Uniquely wholesome in a way that feels rare and very necessary in 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU