Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
My 2018 list is quite different than my 2017 list. Missing this year due to not airing in 2018 are The Leftovers, Mr. Robot, Master of None, Better Things, Halt & Catch Fire, and Future Man. That is over half of my 2018 list. Plus 2 of my 2017 top 10, Legion and The Handmaid’s Tale I didn't watch this year.

Shows That I Didn't Watch This Year, But I Feel Like They Could Have Made My Top 10 If I Did: Legion, The Handmaid's Tale, Killing Eve, Sharp Objects, The Terror

Honorable Mentions: The Americans, Insatiable, Cobra Kai

Un-Honorable Mention:Westworld

10-Love
I almost forgot that the final season aired in 2018. It stuck the landing, and overall I think it was one of the better Netflix series.

9-High Maintenance
This show benefited from a binge watch by me of all the HBO seasons this year. Also the post-election episode was just on point (and also that twist at the end was just...wow).

8-Barry
Really good and it was a lot darker than it had any right to. I do wonder where the show goes in 2019, because that ending...

7-The Expanse
While season 2 was just outside of my top 10 last year, season 3 easily surpassed it. Thank you Amazon for saving the show.

6-The Good Place
I still love the show, but yes season 3 was a little uneven.

5-GLOW
Season 2 is just amazing, and so much better than season 1. When the show was funny, it nailed it, and when the show was serious, it nailed it.

4-Counterpart
I haven't started season 2 yet, but season 1 blew me away. That reveal in episode 6 I never saw coming.

3-Patriot
At times season 2 was amazing, at other times it felt like the show was trying way too hard. I feel like I need to re-watch it to truly judge it, because I am still unsure how I truly feel about it. There are things I don't completely understand or that even make sense to me in season 2 (despite everything in season 1 making complete sense). Still despite that it is my number 3, because it is so original.

2-The Haunting of Hill House
I was really worried (as someone who loves the book and the original 1963 movie) when I saw the trailer, since it was a completely different story than the book. In hindsight to do a original new story was genius. The influence of Six Feet Under was all over this show. The ending? I guess I have been ruined by Stephen King endings, because I thought the ending of this was fine.

1-Terrace House
This show is the reason why I missed so much other TV in 2018. My wife and I watched 117 episodes of Terrace House in 2018 (46 episodes of Boys & Girls in the City, 36 episodes of Aloha State, and so far 35 episodes of Opening New Doors). I also have 98 episodes of the first non-Netflix season sitting on my laptop which I plan to start in 2019. I can not explain why this show is like crack to me. Maybe it is how great the host are or the look inside of a different culture. It doesn't matter, because it is my top show of 2018, and my all-time favorite reality show. To be clear I have based my number 1 ranking solely on the 2018 season of Opening New Doors (which part 1 of that was the first Terrace House I ever watched).

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU