Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
10. Archer (FXX)
I continue to enjoy this iterative comedy show, even though I don’t think they’ve made a new joke in ~4 seasons. Really liked the gimmick this season and am super stoked for an Alien rip-off for the final season!

9. SNL 44 (NBC)
The long-running comedy staple has had some tough departures in recent years, but long-time cast members keep things trucking along. Jost and Che finding their stride in Update helps, but the program that started ~fake news~ is starting to feel redundant. The show started moving away from politics, but the Cold Opens remained Baldwin-heavy.

8. John Oliver (HBO)
Probably the most high-profile of the Jon Stewart alumni (who kept the format), he continues to lampoon topics that the media misses, being both comical and informative.

7. The Great British Baking Show (BBC/Netflix)
Simple and enjoyable, this is an easy binge or background show. Calming and predictable.

6. Neebs Gaming (Youtube)
Half-Let’s Play and half-machinama, this channel has become a staple of my media diet. Their Ark and Conan series are updated weekly, and their less regular series like Human Fall Flat or Scrap Mechanic always make me laugh. So far, this channel has nudged me into buying Ark, Subnautica, GTA5 on PC, and I’ve ended up binging through most of their back catalogue. This is my new “get home, decompress” show after work.

5. Doctor Who (BBC)
Doctor Who has always been a lady. Bringing her acting chops from Broadchurch, Jodi Whitaker brings new life to the longest-running sci-fi series while remaining true to the character’s legacy.

4. Nailed It! (Netflix)
Nicole Byer is a national treasure and one of you single assholes needs to give her some dicccccccc!

3. The Expanse (Syfy)
The best sci-fi since :bsg: on TV, and this elevates beyond that cultural touchstone by having a plot already arced out! Fantastic characters, amazing world building, and beautiful effects make this a must watch! Amazon may be a blight on our age, but at least they saved this show.

2. The Last Kingdom (Netflix)
If c.2006 Ridley Scott decided to make a tv show: this would have been it. Amazing cinematography, wonderful acting, and a historic setting make this my favorite multi-season period piece. The way they handle the passage of time and development of characters is more like a film than a show. The main character’s arc is becoming slightly repetitive, but it’s excusable to fit him into historic events.

1. The Terror (AMC)
I’m a sucker for 19th century sailing films and shows, so this was a treat! A phenomenal cast featuring Jared Harris, Tobias Menzies, and Cirian Hinds produces amazing drama. The costumes and sets looked like they were from a film. I am a little disappointed with the supernatural twist, I kind of felt the same way about this that I felt about Hereditary: the acting and writing were too good for :airquote: just :airquote: a horror film/show. Absolutely amazing, and if you have strong willpower, you can write off the supernatural elements as the demented delusions of a lead-poisoned crew!
:woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Ugh. I thought it was 3pm today...

Now I have to wait to read what you nerds think (again, in aggregate)...
:ohdear:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
:fry:

I just remembered it’s after 3pm! :slick:

I forgot about Westworld, it probably should have been on my list... :ohdear:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
:bravo:

Thanks for the :effort:!!!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Fast Luck posted:

... 20-year-old show, still going strong, come on that's cool...

This also describes VD. :nallears:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Regy Rusty posted:

The Orville only aired 1 episode in 2018!!!

Still better than ST:D! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Yes! I can't imagine how many hours you spent on all of that! It should be up on the frontpage, amazing work!

I really enjoyed the countdown and am looking forward to next year's!!! :woop: