Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

The Canary's editor in chief went on David Icke's youtube channel to redpill people on the globalist elites, anyone who works for them belongs in a Gulag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Helsing posted:

Those links aren't endorsements and honestly you taking a giant poo poo all over a bunch of lefty alternative news sources probably has a better chance of attracting attention to this thread than another of my prolix posts on the density of 19th century newspaper coverage and the differences between Gramsci and Baudrillard so by all means if you have a link for that please post it.

I don't want to end up on that particular watchlist so I'm not taking any screenshots but here's a link

Content warning: :hitler: https://www.davidicke.com/article/3...y-not-elections

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Helsing posted:

To be honest appearing with David Icke and telling people to vote seems less harmful than stanning for the Iraq War or being a propaganda outlet for the Tories but this wouldn't be the first time a lot of liberals cared more about who looks stupid rather than who objectively does the most harm.

I think collaborating with neo-nazis is at least as bad as supporting the Iraq War, but I guess I can see how someone with different sympathies might disagree.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

"He's way into the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, but..."

Too late man, I, editor of The Canary, am already speeding to his studio as fast as possible.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Silver2195 posted:

Alas, we can't get off the subject of David Icke because Alice Walker just mentioned him favorably in the New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/books/review/alice-walker-by-the-book.html

The Jewish magazine Tablet (which publishes its own share of bad takes, but that's an issue for a separate post) criticized the Times for giving a platform to Icke's antisemitism: https://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/277273/the-new-york-times-just-published-an-unqualified-recommendation-for-an-insanely-anti-semitic-book

Apparently Walker also recommended an Icke book on the BBC a few years back: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...cs-8622648.html

Now, here's the interesting media criticism angle: Why doesn't someone at the Times do a quick Google search on the recommended books when they do book-recommendation book interviews like this? More importantly, why doesn't someone at the Times do a quick Google search on someone before interviewing them? The lizard people stuff is right there on her Wikipedia page.

Saw a Post story on this and oh boy do Walker's feelings on the Jews go deeper than a few books about the quote-unquote "lizard people".

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

selec posted:

It’s just like...dummy, just read some loving Marx. Do a little pattern recognition: are the Kochs Jewish? The Mercers? No? Then maybe the rules for who is in the Secretly Running the World Club aren’t what you think they are?

I wonder what’s so repellent to the idea that it’s just rich people except that it’s far to clear and simple a heuristic and robs the problem of inequality and suffering of all mysticism.

These people think virtually every rich or powerful person is secretly "one of them". 'Control-F Marx' isn't going to help them, they'll just read 'bourgeois' as code the same way they do for 'lizard-people'.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Greenwald is trying to push the limit on how many neonazi friends you can have before people stop calling you a "leftist" because you don't like democrats.

Johnson had to go back 15 years to find a bad Daily Show clip. You have to go back maybe two months to see Johnson vocally defend China, a country with literal concentration camps, from criticism by Western media.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

This guy is a joke and TYT is a joke for associating themselves with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

I know the RT News expanded universe has decided that 'not a real journalist' is a good attack line (see also their hit pieces on Brown Moses) but it's still funny to see it coming from a guy whose sole journalistic credential is being the disappointing son of a Clintonworld apparatchik.