Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah god forbid the smash tourney runs shorter than 10 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wormskull posted:

I brought up a good point, that is, that the game has been out for only a week and anyone new only has this one week to learn how to play it when Smash has a history of the other half of the forum playing it for years. The only way that would be right is if all the vets got paired up with the newbs for their teams.

I think it's fine as long as Bob and Evil Eagle don't team up, the only other poster here who I've played that is really good is Caithness and he's teamed up with P-mack already who is a newb. I'm new to Smash but I can still hold my own against all three of those guys (well except maybe Caithness) which I guess makes me sound like a braggart but I guess my point is that the teams should even things out.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I also still need a team if anyone wants to team up with the self proclaimed Super Smash Bros. prodigy.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The pros over at gatchagames.net have declared Incineroar to be low tier actually, so I recommend you do your research before trying to troll me over my character choice.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

This is going to be In Training and Bob tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJu2qSJ9zno&t=126s

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

That's the most exciting Smash content ever produced.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

Remember when Bob randomly flamed a team by saying they use food stamps.

Apparently this was directed at me and Evil Eagle, and I was willing to overlook it, but then during a conversation about how fighting game AI makes you worse because it teaches you bad habits he interjected with "Actually, I think I can separate the skillsets quite well" even after he has said he doesn't play fighting games and thinks they're pervert trash. So gently caress him.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

goferchan posted:

Just found out Wolf is considered a high tier character after I've been maining him for like a month and I want to throw up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

There's no pushblock and you can block in the air and anti airs tend to be slow so jumping is really strong in this game. There are air throws though which I think is the best option for dealing with a jumpy opponent but they can be teched.

I think this is a good IZI game though because it's easy to just mash buttons and have poo poo happen.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

ROB, Mega Man, Incineroar

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Do everything you can not to interact with this maniac. He's out of his loving mind mate. Cheers and be safe.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You're right, I do like it.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Well. I like that he's permabanned, anyway. He sends that poo poo to anyone he sees posting in the same forums/threads he's in. Best to just forget about that nutjob, he's gone for good until Lowtax decides to bring him back again.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Since I get to name the next game I'm picking King of Fighters '98.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I didn't show up. I'd like to see you do something about it.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bumping to request the craven TO revive this corrupt event with a +R tournament. God bless.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'd offer but I'm a certified Try Hard.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah, I'd just delay it. Sorry to hear about your family.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In his mind? Definitely him.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Snes support is rather new and fightcade has been around for a long time now. It might be in the pipeline.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

MvC2 is one of those games where it's probably really fun at high level and really fun just mashing with friends but if you're trying to learn how to play it for real it's really miserable. I gave up on it. I'm not cut out for boomer FGs.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

trying to jack off posted:

super turbo kicks rear end but everything else from the 90s is way too execution heavy for me to even stand a chance online. i think rage quit 3s 10 times now thanks to fightcade psychopaths

I like Vampire Savior as well as ST but yeah everything else is a pain in the butt.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I don't remember when I made this or if I even posted it but here's a street fighter Simpsons meme to get you pumped

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I’m going to gatekeep his rear end.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

I can run more, just probably not monthly. And I remember the zachhammer one was awesome, more guest hosts would be cool.

I could run a Guilty Gear tournament if there's any interest. Strive is kind of a big ask but I'd be okay with doing another +R one.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Sign-up page for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax IZI: https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/VVukrA0ZQ5

This is just to gauge interest. If people actually sign up I'll give more info and set a date/time.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

5 entrants so far, so I'm thinking of just doing a round robin tourney instead of double elim if we don't get any more sign ups. I'll wait until next week to finalize it.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Don't worry, the tourney is not cancelled.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax IZI: Round Robin Edition is coming August 21 at 7:30 PM Eastern! Everybody gets a chance to play everybody!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was originally a PS3 game, and the latest version of the game was only available in Japanese arcades...until now! Rollback was recently implemented for PSN and Steam, so it's actually playable online!

The character power in this version of the game is extremely high, with pretty much every playable cast member having some hosed up poo poo they can do. It also has autocombos, but we don't care about that when you can do stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8y4-H_GRJc

I will be streaming and commentating all the matches at https://www.twitch.tv/kongming45.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Hiz had to withdraw since he has covid. Any last minute entrants willing to take his place?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Stream is going up in 30 minutes at https://www.twitch.tv/kongming45 for warm up and casuals.

Bug Deal said he will be running a stream as well because I've been having some internet hiccups and sometimes the game's spectating breaks. So look forward to that.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Stream is going up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Tournament over! The TO unfortunately landed in last place, but we can't all have In Training's magic touch.