Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Tiggum posted:

That scene really distracted me because I had to figure out if the torches rolling the same direction meant that the worlds were mirrored or rotated relative to each other and I keep confusing myself every time I think I've worked it out.

Yeah has to be rotated, mirrored the people would look totally different. Ever studied your partner in the mirror? The difference is striking.

Unless you have a perfectly symmetrical partner in which case congrats, keep smashin that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Tiggum posted:

Doesn't she want the crossing closed permanently? Her plan is to hit the other side hard enough that diplomacy breaks down completely and both sides are forced to seal up the crossing and never open it up again.

It could be worse than that. If she really believes in her father's 'kill or be killed' philosophy, the end goal couls be extermination of the whole Alpha human race, leaving a second Earth to be populated by Primes. Maybe she's made her flu virus to be much, much more potent.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Yeah it was a decent wrapup, not totally craving more of this series. It was a really clever premise, that two universes precisely the same could become bitter enemies based on little more than contagious paranoia. I don't feel like there's much more story to tell though - just a gross tragedy of two horrible plague outbreaks basically instigated by Yanek's grief and jealousy. Fitting that he became Patient Zero for the second outbreak, as he essentially was anyway the first time.

I see one ambiguity in the ending: the Howards' could have switched at the end. Howard Prime stuck around to hunt any more Indigo agents and sent Howard Alpha to be more of a loving person to his family than he ever could. The alternative to this is Prime was genuine in saying to Baldwin that what they should have done "a long time ago" was just go home and stop loving with another world that isn't theirs. Either one is fine.. but I want Alpha to be with Silk and the daughter so I know what I'm choosing to believe.