Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
bad game crew, A S S E M B L E

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Bad game crew indeed

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
If this really was Pirates of the Burning Sea 2 I'd be much more interested.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I'm down to play this likely bad game

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

quote:

A pirate raiding party engages in heated combat aboard a Royal galleon, seeking to commandeer the enemy ship, as an onlooker prepares to grapple over!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

people are so starved for an open world full loot survival mmo that every single game that is close to it has its playerbase flocking to this game

i'm really hyped but i know it's gonna be bad

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Dec 16, 2018

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

people are so starved for an open world full loot survival mmo that every single game that is close to it has its playerbase flocking to this game

i'm really hyped but i know it's gonna be bad

I bet we could make some money throwing together a barebones sandbox but hyping it up as everything these chumps want in a game. Just have to make a few pretty screenshots and videos. We could release it right away after announcing so they don't have time to come to their senses before throwing money at us!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I need a good name for a boat. I was thinking something like "The Gay Agenda" but something like "The Globalist Conspiracy" or "Mom's Homemade Cooking" could also be fun.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Comrayn posted:

I bet we could make some money throwing together a barebones sandbox but hyping it up as everything these chumps want in a game. Just have to make a few pretty screenshots and videos. We could release it right away after announcing so they don't have time to come to their senses before throwing money at us!

Say it has a Battle Royale mode and and lootboxes and you would get actual investors.

RocketRaygun posted:

I need a good name for a boat. I was thinking something like "The Gay Agenda" but something like "The Globalist Conspiracy" or "Mom's Homemade Cooking" could also be fun.

I mandate that the first goon galleon be named Kirk Johnson.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

A Boat Afloat or maybe Sexhavers USS

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I vote that we call our first island We Should Buy a Goon Island

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Tuesday night we'll figure out what the guild name will be.. so far there have been two names tossed around.

Awful Company
Fjord Motor Company

throw names in the hat.

After some brainstorming I'm tossing in "WetSalty Seamen". Because it will be super weird for other guilds to have to say when talking about us. Plus if we get well known for hijinks like in WA and other games it's going to be super awkward for people to have to write about. It will also make for great public forum threads.

Eonwe upgraded it to Salty, thanks friend!

forge fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 17, 2018

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Al Qaeda II

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The Least India Trading Company

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

The Other Goonfleet

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Laisseflotilla

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Salty Seamen is very good. Naming the goon guild is my favorite stage of these MMO hype threads.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think Salty Seamen is funny but im also fine with literally anything

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Salty Seaman is excellent. Will also probably be forcechanged by the devs within a month.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Anything containing the word Goon is good because it'll draw the immediate ire of every weird person in the game, but I think we've squeezed all the puns we can out of that one.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Friendship Bestship
Good Ship Goon

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Motorboating Big Buoys

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Buoys In The House

TheDarkAvenger
Mar 10, 2005

All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

Eox posted:

The Least India Trading Company

:allears:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Lackbeard

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Ofaloaf posted:

Lackbeard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZ7DZSXmoo

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Keep it simple:

The Goonish Main
The Sea Goon
Goons of the High Seas
Caribbean Goon
Goonfleet
The Goonies

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

I can't wait to build a ship called the goon ship lollipop.

TheDarkAvenger
Mar 10, 2005

I’m interested to see if any of the EVE online goonswarm strats will translate over to this game.

I’m envisioning the pure joy of taking out a Galleon with 50 dinghy all painted with loud colors and named various thinly veiled obscenities like ‘Hold My Dinghy’ and ‘My Dinghys Wet’

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

TheDarkAvenger posted:

I’m interested to see if any of the EVE online goonswarm strats will translate over to this game.

I’m envisioning the pure joy of taking out a Galleon with 50 dinghy all painted with loud colors and named various thinly veiled obscenities like ‘Hold My Dinghy’ and ‘My Dinghys Wet’

it did in ArcheAge, if this game is analogous. We'd swarm sperg pubbie mega ships with dozens and dozens of single cannon/harpoon dingies and drag them down with mass numbers.

Kopitar
May 21, 2009
Since this game has no region lock and the Chinese will soon invade, how about a Tibeten or Taiwanese theme

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
:laffo: I remember we named ourselves Free Tibet on one of the ARK servers

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
Xi Pooh - Free Tibet, perfect name

TheDarkAvenger
Mar 10, 2005

Kopitar posted:

Since this game has no region lock and the Chinese will soon invade, how about a Tibeten or Taiwanese theme

Got a source for that? I mean they have said they will have regional servers at launch.

I really don’t understand allowing people to play out of region, if you can get around it via a VPN then whatever but why allow it for all? Just $?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

They said they would have a PVE and PVP servers for US and EU, which is 4 servers total. They mentioned on their discord that there would be no region locks, which caused a lot of racism on the atlas subreddit.

There will be private servers so i think they would be wise to deploy a Chinese or SEA server.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Ching Shihtposters

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lmfao reddit is all abuzz about talking about Tiananmen Square in chat to get the game banned

reddit never fails to amaze

Kopitar
May 21, 2009

TheDarkAvenger posted:

Got a source for that? I mean they have said they will have regional servers at launch.

I really don’t understand allowing people to play out of region, if you can get around it via a VPN then whatever but why allow it for all? Just $?

Just the chat that they had and the reddit posts, and it's likely a cost/effort thing plus why would you turn down sales?

Kopitar fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 18, 2018

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

this guys posting history ranges from nazi poo poo, to posting about Atlas, to posting about jeeps and i honestly have on clue if its ironic or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

this guys posting history ranges from nazi poo poo, to posting about Atlas, to posting about jeeps and i honestly have on clue if its ironic or not

alright, how about simply "The Allied Powers"