Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

in history

But my crippling social anxiety prevented me from talking about how Churchill was a oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Mu Zeta posted:

in history

But my crippling social anxiety prevented me from talking about how Churchill was a oval office

Good

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I don’t see the point of arguing with people. You made the right move, friend. They didn’t use logic to arrive at their position so your use of logic will not dissuade them.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

What's the beef with The Church

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Have you guys seen Darkest Hour? That movie is pretty slick

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Churchill a jerkoff

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I’m glad he’s dead

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS

Mu Zeta posted:

in history

That was me. A++ would cuck again

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Churchill basically a Nixon that didn't get caught, but unlike Nixon he was handed a lot of poo poo on a silver spoon

Here's a picture of Churchill lookin like a 10/10 oval office at age eight or whatever

When he was younger he did some good things about workers and prisons but then he got older and his brain went off and he did a bunch of loony old man horseshit.

raton fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 10, 2018

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
I’m not too keen on that name Winston, tbqh. Now Nixon otoh had a quality top tier name so I don’t think you can even compare the two.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Nixon had a good name, I'll give him that

U can do dick jokes or nerd jokes or if you're old pretend he's you're buddy, plus the last name sounds like a brand of poison.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
He was an insane warmonger and lived in luxury while the rest of Britain starved during the war

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

raton posted:

Churchill basically a Nixon that didn't get caught, but unlike Nixon he was handed a lot of poo poo on a silver spoon

This reminds me of something I was listening too recently about how John "The Maverick" McCain was not a maverick and instead was a giant oval office, including being handed everything on a silver spoon, or at least relative to anyone else who served alongside him.

I have no input on Winston Churchill is a drat Yankee, similar to how I have no input on criticism of African american leaders as a honkey.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Wow, that kid Does look like a 10/10 oval office

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
That's a reflection, OP.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Biohazard posted:

This reminds me of something I was listening too recently about how John "The Maverick" McCain was not a maverick and instead was a giant oval office, including being handed everything on a silver spoon, or at least relative to anyone else who served alongside him.

At least he was tortured for a few years. God bless the Vietnamese

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

At least he was tortured for a few years. God bless the Vietnamese

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

He must’ve had to work hard to be a big fat guy. It was an active goal of his apparently from the looks of it, since he wasn’t a fat kid.

Does he discuss this in his memoirs? Perhaps a section on it in his history of WW2.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Drank two quarts of whiskey erryday.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Vietnam rules

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
He's no Winston Zeddemore, that's for sure. Or even a Stan Winston.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Winston Churchill was a massive lad. I'd totally hang out with him if he was still alive. Cool dude.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
The fact that Winnie the Pooh was the least worst of European leaders during the middle of the last century says more about them than him.

Although he wrote a fantastic fantasy novel about his adventures in South Africa

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
Stalin was pretty good imo.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

in history

He's alright. I think there are worse historical figures to admire.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

raton posted:

When he was younger he did some good things about workers and prisons but then he got older and his brain went off and he did a bunch of loony old man horseshit.

defeating Naziism: a bunch of loony old man horseshit

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Pewdiepie posted:

Yeah, like pewds.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
I loving HATE Winston Churchill, the fat loving bastard

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

raton posted:

When he was younger he was gleefully shooting people in Africa and claiming it was his god given right to do so as a white person.

Pewdiepie posted:

When told the Bengal Famine was getting worse he said 'they shouldn't gently caress so much then, they breed like rabbits the savages.'

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

When he was younger he was gleefully shooting people in Africa and claiming it was his god given right to do so as a white person.

When told the Bengal Famine was getting worse he said 'they shouldn't gently caress so much then, they breed like rabbits the savages.'

Total unit!

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Winston Churchill made sure that a bunch of Indian people died from starvation and then blamed it on them saying "Relief will do nothing, for Indians breed like rabbits"

stupid Winston Churchill, bad Winston Churchill

edit: gently caress beaten

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Churchill's the reasons there are baked beans in a full english breakfast, lots of people hate him for it but if you ask me he's a damned genius, a freakin Duke

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Winston Churchill can Suck the Indian poo poo out of my Mexican rear end

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Lol poo poo that did happen, thread does not disappoint.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
to be fair to churchill, people who can't afford another child shouldn't choose to have one

e: also contraceptives are bad

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

LordArgh posted:

to be fair to churchill, people who can't afford another child shouldn't choose to have one

poo poo, it's often justified to feel that way even if they can afford to.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The fascists really didn't like Churchill and even went so far as trying to turn him into an anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd8Iq9M0ios

Bold of them to depict him being defeated by airplanes after the Battle of Britain but ok :thunk:

Anyway, it turned out to be a strategic blunder as the Italian high command only managed to out themselves as anime fans, leading to vastly lowered morale among the population and at least two known uprisings. Hitler, initially approving of the propaganda tactic, noted the disastrous results and cancelled several public appearances in which he had planned to list his "top ten Weifus of the Reich".

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Without the undoubtedly white supremacist prick Hitler takes Europe.

Weirder to me though, is he supported traitorous King Edward failed attempt to marry Wallis Simpson. Had they been successful then Winston's triumph over Hitler is in doubt.

Wallis Simpson saved Europe from Nazi rule and changed the course of history for the entire Western World.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
King Edward? The potato???? :wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He was a very good orator.

spinderella posted:

Without the undoubtedly white supremacist prick Hitler takes Europe.

Weirder to me though, is he supported traitorous King Edward failed attempt to marry Wallis Simpson. Had they been successful then Winston's triumph over Hitler is in doubt.

Wallis Simpson saved Europe from Nazi rule and changed the course of history for the entire Western World.

Yeah, it's true. I appreciate his achievements but I don't like hero-izing anyone and removing their faults, to be honest. Maybe sometimes people need symbols more than reality though. :shrug:

Even with the Bengal Famine you could say "look that was an off the cuff frustrated remark and he did consider shipping more grain but given that it was the middle of WW2 and shipping was constantly attacked he wasn't sure if it would even get there if he did divert resources to it."

(he did still love killing Africans though lol)

• Locked thread