Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about "Games as Service"?
Better than the old ways
The same/indifferent
Worse
Other (please post below)
View Results

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
honestly it seems like a pretty hard thing to enjoy or defend as a consumer, unless you really enjoy a specific set of games that benefit from it. it might be harder to make a fortnite or pubg or league of legends without constant monetization through loot boxes and skins, for instance. as someone who has (probably even tens of) thousands of hours in LoL who hasnt spent any money on it at all, im well aware that im like an absurd outlier in that regard. i wouldnt have my personal experiences without 'games as services' as a concept - though my own enjoyment/gain here probably doesnt outweigh what i might have lost in enjoyment out of better game development if it hadnt been dreamed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU