Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaded Burnout

put my facebutt in ur faceb ook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout

bare bottom pancakes posted:

uh, go ahead and PM me so as not to fall afoul of the "no politics" rule

I'm going to skirt that rule a little since it's more history than politics by now, but I think I saw them popping up around the time that May called a general election hoping to shore up the number of Conservative MPs in parliament, but Labour (lead by Corbyn, pictured) gained a bunch of seats instead. So if you happened to be a Labour supporter, one might consider you "jammy" (lucky).

Opinions on any of that would I think definitely be better suited to C-SPAM.

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

Oh does jammy mean lucky? That explains some things

Yah. One might hear "jammy bastard!" when someone flukes a shot in the local pool hall. You may use the word "bugger" for the PG rated version, despite the heritage of that word.