Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
welcome back to the birdhouse

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Hey Toney :wave:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

GreatMrPopo
Apr 17, 2003
i love kami-sama

that looks nothing like tony

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

its not that hard just freaking remaster thps2x and sell it for 40 dollars

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

lol

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Welcome to the skate jam

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

insane anime posted:

The problem with remaking the old THPS games is that they use a new engine and it feels weird and sucks rear end. I remember being hype for THPS HD or whatever that came out on steam like 6 years ago and it was a terrible experience.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
More like tony hawk’s stinky diarrhea dog poo poo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

The problem with remaking the old THPS games is that they use a new engine and it feels weird and sucks rear end. I remember being hype for THPS HD or whatever that came out on steam like 6 years ago and it was a terrible experience.

that was also because it was handled by some no-name outsourced company that was probably underpaid, they could get it right with some effort but they didn't bother

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

insane anime posted:

Licensing the songs (and Spider-man) would probably suck a whole lot and be way too expensive nowadays, but without them you may as well just not bother with a remaster.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the dream game would be putting every thps map ever on a game with 3's (maybe 4's) engine

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

quintessential tony hawk tweet

https://twitter.com/tonyhawk/status/5184156673

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Licensing the songs (and Spider-man) would probably suck a whole lot and be way too expensive nowadays, but without them you may as well just not bother with a remaster.

yes the original soundtrack is drat good on the first 2, but theoretically if they could get some new stuff for cheaper with the same vibe it could be just almost as good..yea the spiderman thing is probably rteally expensive now too lol//a gamer can dream.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

ArfJason posted:

the dream game would be putting every thps map ever on a game with 3's (maybe 4's) engine

This is pretty close

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

i was trying to emulate THPS2X on the computer but the xbox emulator is poo poo and it wouldnt let me use the ps4 joysticks..was only compatible with the loving dpad if i remember correctly, and im not playing iwth the dpad no sir

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

insane anime posted:

i was trying to emulate THPS2X on the computer but the xbox emulator is poo poo and it wouldnt let me use the ps4 joysticks..was only compatible with the loving dpad if i remember correctly, and im not playing iwth the dpad no sir
THPS2 has a PC release and you can mod in all of the THPS1 levels. It's the version I grew up playing.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

American McGay posted:

THPS2 has a PC release and you can mod in all of the THPS1 levels. It's the version I grew up playing.

ps4 controller capabilities or..?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't think so. You could try using Joy2Con or something similar to map the controls but I dunno how it would handle the analog sticks.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

insane anime posted:

im not playing iwth the dpad no sir

what the gently caress?

phantump21
Jul 14, 2018

Just a tree stump ghost.
Judging by the screenshots I saw on the iOS App Store, the engine they used doesn’t look all that good. You’d think they’d make a less poo poo game based on who is in it. Tony deserves better than this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

phantump21 posted:

Judging by the screenshots I saw on the iOS App Store, the engine they used doesn’t look all that good. You’d think they’d make a less poo poo game based on who is in it. Tony deserves better than this.

Why would you ecpect anything different. Mods?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

phantump21 posted:

Oh totally dude.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Tony Hawk's Pro Gramming 2

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

leaking mod queue is bannable

phantump21
Jul 14, 2018

Just a tree stump ghost.
I wasn't insinuating anything. I was just saying based on the quality of the original series, this new one isn't up to the standards one would expect from a tony hawk game in general.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

phantump21 posted:

I wasn't insinuating anything. I was just saying based on the quality of the original series, this new one isn't up to the standards one would expect from a tony hawk game in general.

Oh poo poo.

phantump21
Jul 14, 2018

Just a tree stump ghost.
Even activision had THPS2 on the App Store at one point. I think it was pulled. The point is, if newbies try this game they might think this is the best that the Tony Hawk brand can offer and that's really scary. I hope these posts explain my reasoning well and clearly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It should of occurred to you that it goes without saying that this hosed up world could only produce a lovely Tony Hawk game at this point bro. The thread is really about Nolstalgia because the first post was what you said with fewer words.

phantump21
Jul 14, 2018

Just a tree stump ghost.

Wormskull posted:

It should of occurred to you that it goes without saying that this hosed up world could only produce a lovely Tony Hawk game at this point bro. The thread is really about Nolstalgia because the first post was what you said with fewer words.

Yeah ok. I apologize. Hope there are no hard feelings. :)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No problem.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

phantump21 posted:

Even activision had THPS2 on the App Store at one point. I think it was pulled. The point is, if newbies try this game they might think this is the best that the Tony Hawk brand can offer and that's really scary. I hope these posts explain my reasoning well and clearly.

Well said. I consider this a Makarakarn Post and it should reflect the punishment on to In Training and probate him for 100,000 hours

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

phantump21 posted:

Yeah ok. I apologize. Hope there are no hard feelings. :)

none whatsoever. chive on my man

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

goferchan posted:

Well said. I consider this a Makarakarn Post and it should reflect the punishment on to In Training and probate him for 100,000 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Im waiting for Tony Hawk's Skate Tycoon