Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

still hoping for that Scandrick gif

That was definitely a makeup call for the missed helmet-to-helmet on Rivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Strobe posted:

Wikipedia says it has to be called while the ball is in-flight, but I don't see any restriction on if it was called before the ball bounces.

I can't say I exactly expect the returner to signal literally as the ball is being kicked, but I still think he should have just fallen on it and given it to Mahomes.

If you call for a Fair Catch but don't field it, it then becomes a live ball. I know this because my dumb loving team did it this year

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

wyoak posted:

Kickoffs are always live balls, fair catch or not

Only if the other team touches it 1st. But not on a failed Fair Catch

edit onsides too, I guess

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Kickoffs are always live so long as the ball goes at least 10 yards or a receiving team member touches it before the 10 yard mark. The clock doesn't start until someone legally touches a live ball.

That makes sense. But yeah, the Steelers called for a Fair Catch, let the ball hit the ground, the other team jumped on it.