Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

<clapping> good penalty good penalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nicceeeee play Rivers

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Professor Funk posted:

are they actually gonna go for 2? i love it

It's the smart play. Playing for OT is coward's ball.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fat meaty balls right here.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CHARGERSSSSSSSSSSSS

BIG

BRASS

BALLS

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Kneel at the 5? That's a tall order even for Mahomes

Yeah on a return you're gonna have a better setup /position of guys then if you try to setup a hook and ladder

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I guess now I should be sad the Pats lost to the dolphins because they'd be in 1st place otherwise, but ~oh well~.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Strobe posted:

Call a fair catch, that's a rule this year isn't it?

I'm not fuming, I just think it's really dumb to try to hook and ladder it on the kick return when you have a giant cannon strapped to your QB's arm and the fastest receiver in the NFL.

The problem is, the Chiefs are going to have 8 guys inside the red zone, it doesn't matter how fast you are or how far he can throw it if you need 2 guys to miracle a ball past 8 guys and then advance it another ~20 yards to the end zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Strobe posted:

I don't think it's likely, I just think it's a lot more likely than pulling off a lateral bonanza on a kick return.

At the very least you can try to start your lateral bonanza at midfield instead of the 5 if the receiver manages to catch it.

My view is they're all like a 2% chance of success at best, but on a kick return at least you've got 10 other guys in much better position then on a regular pass attempt where you've got 6 worthless guys.