Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

woo baby. yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It was absolutely not DPI in the endzone but it was absolutely a helmet to helmet on the Chiefs on the play before so whatever

This feels so good

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

I'm flabbergasted that the Chiefs defense can be that bad with that pass rush

Edit: also whoever runs the Chargers twitter is royalty

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1073436014012579841
very glad i clicked that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1073443124238675968

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I don’t think anyone has just as much fun doing what they do as Philip Rivers

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pro clique

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Did Bosa play?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Did Bosa play?

Yes

https://twitter.com/RussellOkung/status/1073449358971072512

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Upon reflection: thank you Chargers for making sure Mahomes plays every game this year and still being within spitting distance of the TD record even though it's pretty clear he's not getting it this year with 10 to go.

Imagining having to watch Henne trot out the third string offense against the Raiders week 17 is honestly less appealing than this loss.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

hopefully that last play will finally get the chiefs front office together and say hmmm yes Bob isn't very good might be time he goes

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Fat Jesus posted:

hopefully that last play will finally get the chiefs front office together and say hmmm yes Bob isn't very good might be time he goes

Andy Reid is the front office.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Andy Reid is the front office.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Thread title is factually inaccurate :colbert:

Also gently caress yeah Chargers

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Remember when people gave Ron Rivera a bunch of poo poo for the exact same situation earlier this season? Yeah. They're loving idiots.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

justin jackson

i told y'all

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
The Chiefs have been doing this to us consistently over the years. There's always one large broken piece of the whole machine every year. Bob F. Sutton. . .IS that broken piece.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I didn't get to watch the 4Q, what happened to the Chiefs run game there? How many rushing attempts (w/ a RB) did they even make to help burn clock?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pmchem posted:

I didn't get to watch the 4Q, what happened to the Chiefs run game there? How many rushing attempts (w/ a RB) did they even make to help burn clock?

I don't think they did a bad job there. The Chiefs got the ball with ~1 left in the third up 7, drove the field (with a few...questionable calls from the refs) and scored a TD and gave the ball back to the Chargers with 8 or so left to go up 14.

Chargers drove and scored to cut it to 7 with just under 4 minutes left with all three time outs. Chiefs had a penalty on the ensuing kickoff and started from the 11. Tried a run that went for -3 yards, Chargers time out. Safe pass to Hill for 5 yards, Chargers time out. False start on KC. Sack on the third down, then punt at 2:47.

Basically their one time killing drive was a three and out is all, and the clock ran on every play. Penalties were much more damaging than the play calling.

e: I guess if anything they should have gone more pass happy on second down to extend the drive. Like call a more aggressive play there I mean, or call a pass on first when it was obvious they wanted to run clock. On third down they just had to go for it and the pass rush got there.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 14, 2018

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol this is my favorite qb

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The most questionable thing Reid did as far as clock management was call a defensive time out after the DPI that gave the Chargers the ball at the one. Play clock was down to 4 seconds and the Chargers looked discombobulated.

But that's so far down the list of Andy Reid clock management issues it just doesn't register for me anymore. Game clock wasn't running, he or Sutton saw something they were worried about and called a time out to try to get the right defense called without noticing the Chargers were screwed up too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

Remember when people gave Ron Rivera a bunch of poo poo for the exact same situation earlier this season? Yeah. They're loving idiots.

this is lacking a LOT of context.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

True, if they were the supper chargers then reid would have mastered them

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

Under vastly different circumstances.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Thaddius the Large posted:

I don’t think anyone has just as much fun doing what they do as Philip Rivers

Nic Cage but Rivers is probably #2.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

FizFashizzle posted:

Under vastly different circumstances.

FizFashizzle posted:

this is lacking a LOT of context.

Always Go 4 It

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

Always Go 4 It

Oh I didn't mean to respond twice, sorry.

I completely agree, but Ron got poo poo for different reasons, and it was deserved.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CyberPingu posted:

Also gently caress yeah Chargers

They're the San Diego Chargers. They just happen to be stuck playing in LA in front of empty crowds.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

They're the San Diego Chargers. They just happen to be stuck playing in LA in front of empty crowds.

:hai:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey guys, where the hell was Keenan Allen last night? Did he even get one target?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ELO Musk posted:

Hey guys, where the hell was Keenan Allen last night? Did he even get one target?

Got a hip pointer on the Chargers first TD drive.

Well I shouldn't diagnose, but some problem with his hip on a very close to awesome TD that was just out of bounds. He tried to come back for a play on the next drive and immediately went out for the rest of the game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Got a hip pointer on the Chargers first TD drive.

Well I shouldn't diagnose, but some problem with his hip on a very close to awesome TD that was just out of bounds. He tried to come back for a play on the next drive and immediately went out for the rest of the game.

Ah poo poo, that sucks! I guess I shoulda watched the game. Still, if you're right he'll be back for the playoff push so that's exciting :)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ELO Musk posted:

He caught a TD but it didn't count even though it was an amazing catch because rules are dumb and on the same play he got injured

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
lol that we are live for both an all-LA Super Bowl and an all-Texas Super Bowl

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

C-Euro posted:

all-Texas Super Bowl
There isn't a single super bowl contender in texas, what are you talking about

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Both the Texans and Cowboys are still in playoff positions so it remains a possibility, however small the actual probability might be

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Manoueverable posted:

Both the Texans and Cowboys are still in playoff positions so it remains a possibility, however small the actual probability might be

It's this OP. I originally wanted to say "lol if we get an all-LA Super Bowl before an all-Texas Super Bowl" but I wanted to be fair to Dallas and Houston for some reason.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If we get all-LA before all-Texas Super Bowl, both owners of the Cowboys and Texans need to die--oh wait

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shinjobi posted:

If we get all-LA before all-Texas Super Bowl, both owners of the Cowboys and Texans need to die--oh wait

hey what is your avatar from

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
There is also an all Missouri Bowl with KC Chiefs vs St Louis Rams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ehud posted:

hey what is your avatar from

WWE used to have a post-show for Smackdown called Talking Smack, notable for oftentimes being way off script and clearly just the talent doing their own thing without Vince McMahon dragging em down. Renee Young, the woman pictured in my avatar, was one of the hosts. She got dragged into bizarre feuds and situations, and at one point got hype with her cohost. The image of her slamming her hands on the desk like a crazy person in the heat of the moment became my calling card.:supaburn:

My knee jerk reactions when it comes to sports kinda do it justice, I'd like to believe.:shobon: