Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

WWE used to have a post-show for Smackdown called Talking Smack, notable for oftentimes being way off script and clearly just the talent doing their own thing without Vince McMahon dragging em down. Renee Young, the woman pictured in my avatar, was one of the hosts. She got dragged into bizarre feuds and situations, and at one point got hype with her cohost. The image of her slamming her hands on the desk like a crazy person in the heat of the moment became my calling card.:supaburn:

My knee jerk reactions when it comes to sports kinda do it justice, I'd like to believe.:shobon:

Right after Talking Smack was cancelled she was on UUDD on Cesaro's Clash Royale show and he said "Welcome to Talking Clash!" and she was super salty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Intruder posted:

I mean when you take into account you have to put quotes around KC "BBQ"

rude

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Martavis Bryant is forever suspended again to the surprise of no one.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Intruder posted:

Right after Talking Smack was cancelled she was on UUDD on Cesaro's Clash Royale show and he said "Welcome to Talking Clash!" and she was super salty
And don't forget Smacking Talk sponsored by Tout.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Martavis Bryant is forever suspended again to the surprise of no one.

Wrong thread for this conversation, but really there's no thread for Warcrimes to comment on these things anymore.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think they did a bad job there. The Chiefs got the ball with ~1 left in the third up 7, drove the field (with a few...questionable calls from the refs) and scored a TD and gave the ball back to the Chargers with 8 or so left to go up 14.

Chargers drove and scored to cut it to 7 with just under 4 minutes left with all three time outs. Chiefs had a penalty on the ensuing kickoff and started from the 11. Tried a run that went for -3 yards, Chargers time out. Safe pass to Hill for 5 yards, Chargers time out. False start on KC. Sack on the third down, then punt at 2:47.

Basically their one time killing drive was a three and out is all, and the clock ran on every play. Penalties were much more damaging than the play calling.

e: I guess if anything they should have gone more pass happy on second down to extend the drive. Like call a more aggressive play there I mean, or call a pass on first when it was obvious they wanted to run clock. On third down they just had to go for it and the pass rush got there.

It was the utter failure of that drive that started on the 11 that lost the game for the Chiefs. Sure the defense didn't play great on that last drive but we expected that. A single first down on that drive probably would've been enough to keep the Chargers out of it, and the Chargers managing to force Mahomes and Co to go three and out was the game changer there.

Strobe posted:

I am slightly salty about the bullshit DPI call and then the bullshit OPI non-call to end the game.

Then I remember the Chiefs are still ahead of the Chargers by standings and I don't feel quite as salty.

The Chiefs defense lost this game but the refs absolutely crowned the winner.

Overall there were more poo poo calls that went in the Chiefs' direction. Remember that two bullshit holding calls on third and long kept the drive which put the Chiefs up 14 going. So really that bad call at the end (right after the missed helmet to helmet) ended up making the ending seem pretty legit.

Of course I'd prefer they just get it loving right. Definitely some of the worst officiating of the year this past week, I saw FOUR games that were heavily affected by multiple bad calls

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

It was the utter failure of that drive that started on the 11 that lost the game for the Chiefs. Sure the defense didn't play great on that last drive but we expected that. A single first down on that drive probably would've been enough to keep the Chargers out of it, and the Chargers managing to force Mahomes and Co to go three and out was the game changer there.

I mean this is obviously true, but the question was whether Andy tried to run clock with a lead or not, and he did in the only drive he had a chance to. Which didn't work out and may have been the wrong choice. On the other hand if somehow the Chiefs threw a couple of incomplete passes and got sacked people would be roasting him for that :shrug: The Chargers came up with a few defensive plays when they needed to.

I'm more annoyed with the decision to punt on 4th and 3 from the Chargers 43 or so in the first half as far as bad Andy decisions.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Texans ‘r’ Good Enough

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Browns got loving lucky after that bonehead timeout by Gregg Williams.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
The browns have won a game that was extremely Not Fun to watch. Now I'm forced to root for the Pats tomorrow

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Jabrill Peppers finally had a game where I like him

Browns Bitch. Suck my dick Elway

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Jabrill Peppers finally had a game where I like him

Browns Bitch. Suck my dick Elway

hell yeah

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

So me and my roommate are lifelong redskins fans and have become huge baker mayfield fans over the course of the year. Baker owns and he might be my favorite player now

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Baker Mayfield is very cool and is probably the first Heisman winner since Cam Newton to be worth a poo poo in the pros.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Finger Prince posted:

Browns got loving lucky after that bonehead timeout by Gregg Williams.

That whole thing was confusing. Besides the dumb to, he made the very ballsy choice to go for it there. Even though kicking an fg would mean that the Broncos would have to score a td quickly which they had no ability to do all night. But OK. Go for it. Why not. Ballsy is more fun. But to make the ballsy call and then run it up the middle when the Broncos had like 10 guys in the box... what in the heck

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I think that game may have sealed the fates of Vance Joseph and Keenum. Imagine losing your job because of Greggory Williams.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Even though they lost Darnold probably had his best game as a pro today. He was navigating the pocket excellently and routinely making tough throws which came out quickly and accurately. He did everything that was expected of him.

Good to see him show steady improvement and flash some talent before the season ends

DariusLikewise posted:

I think that game may have sealed the fates of Vance Joseph and Keenum. Imagine losing your job because of Greggory Williams.

I think you're right. I mean the Browns are an above average football team right now, but last week's loss combined with this one and the general failure to get yards and points this season makes it a done deal. To me the only question is when the news will come through

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

if anyone should lose their job, it's elway

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fat Jesus posted:

if anyone should lose their job, it's o'brien

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope the chargers win the super bowl

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets lose and Darnold owns. Good game for Jets.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets lose and Darnold owns. Good game for Jets.

it's really frustrating watching Darnold attempt to win games while the receivers (outside Anderson who I like) slide around the field leaving streaks of poo poo everywhere

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sweeper posted:

it's really frustrating watching Darnold attempt to win games while the receivers (outside Anderson who I like) slide around the field leaving streaks of poo poo everywhere
On one hand it’s a bad idea to remove help from your rookie QB. On the other Jermaine Kearse is absolute poo poo and needs to be cut as soon as possible.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Diva Cupcake posted:

On one hand it’s a bad idea to remove help from your rookie QB. On the other Jermaine Kearse is absolute poo poo and needs to be cut as soon as possible.

I was shocked when someone signed him after the seahawks released him. He can't catch poo poo except once in a while makes a very tough catch fooling everyone into thinking he might be passable. He isn't fast, he isn't crisp, he is just old

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Sweeper posted:

I was shocked when someone signed him after the seahawks released him. He can't catch poo poo except once in a while makes a very tough catch fooling everyone into thinking he might be passable. He isn't fast, he isn't crisp, he is just old

But his game winner in the 2014 NFCCG would have been so much less exciting without the 2-3 passes he deflected straight up in the air towards Packers defenders!

Pretty clear the Jets take a WR 1st, yeah? Darnold needs a Mike Evans.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The Jets are a special combination of bad, hopeless, and boring that makes them pure poison to watch.

Also :aslol: the Broncos go Browns.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's 10:13 AM EST in Week 15 of the NFL season and the Browns can still earn a playoff berth. When was the last time we could say that this late in the season?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

C-Euro posted:

It's 10:13 AM EST in Week 15 of the NFL season and the Browns can still earn a playoff berth. When was the last time we could say that this late in the season?

are you familiar with one derek anderson

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Play posted:

Even though they lost Darnold probably had his best game as a pro today. He was navigating the pocket excellently and routinely making tough throws which came out quickly and accurately. He did everything that was expected of him.

Good to see him show steady improvement and flash some talent before the season ends

I think you're right. I mean the Browns are an above average football team right now, but last week's loss combined with this one and the general failure to get yards and points this season makes it a done deal. To me the only question is when the news will come through

The Browns are absolutely not above average.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Browns are absolutely not above average.

They're certainly above average for being the Browns.

I do think think they're a pretty talented team. The next coaching hire is going to be big for them.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

I think it's not that long ago. In 2014 I think we were still "In the hunt" and were 7-7 going into this week.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
For another fun fact at one point the Browns were 7-4 that year and looked like a legit contender before losing the last 5 games of the year to turn back into crap.

Edit: and one more thing. That was another season where everyone kept saying the "Imagine if they just managed to win week x!" Because they barely lost 2 of their first three.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 16, 2018

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Sweeper posted:

Don't worry, your team is going to pay Le'Veon Bell a quarter of your salary cap for the next 5 years in lieu of receivers

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

wilderthanmild posted:

For another fun fact at one point the Browns were 7-4 that year and looked like a legit contender before losing the last 5 games of the year to turn back into crap.

Edit: and one more thing. That was another season where everyone kept saying the "Imagine if they just managed to win week x!" Because they barely lost 2 of their first three.

We also had the largest road comeback in NFL history that year.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

corn on the cop posted:

are you familiar with one derek anderson

That was my first guess as well.

Fox Mulner
Feb 25, 2001

No wonder this clown died, his lungs were filled with CANDY!

Sweeper posted:

The seahawks traded him and a 2nd for Sheldon Richardson. Worked out well for both teams

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Don't worry, your team is going to pay Le'Veon Bell a quarter of your salary cap for the next 5 years in lieu of receivers

This would actually make sense for the Jets though

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Fox Mulner posted:

The seahawks traded him and a 2nd for Sheldon Richardson. Worked out well for both teams

Oh yeah I forgot about that, what a terrible trade that ended up being

Good news is that his contract is up and I never have to watch him ever again

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

DariusLikewise posted:

This would actually make sense for the Jets though

On the one hand, it's theoretically the best thing possible for Darnold. On the other, it's never smart to pay a RB top dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

On the one hand, it's theoretically the best thing possible for Darnold. On the other, it's never smart to pay a RB top dollar.

Then why did the Steelers insist on keeping him?