Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hope Supaidaman shows up in Part 2. Miles already has a Leopardon toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

The idea of naming the films “Across the Spider-Verse Part One and Two” was scrapped more than a year before release and only showed up on some merch and a single teaser. It’s more than reasonable for people to have not heard this was a two-parter.

Looking up several of the official trailers hosted on Sony Entertainment I can't even find which one has the image posted above showing "Part One". However, I have been informed several times that Playstation 5: PLAY Has No Limits.

EDIT: I found it, it's the "First Look" trailer posted a year ago; "Official" trailers 1 and 2 posted 11 and 7 months ago don't advertise it being Part One

Guy A. Person fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 13, 2023

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Guy A. Person posted:

Looking up several of the official trailers hosted on Sony Entertainment I can't even find which one has the image posted above showing "Part One". However, I have been informed several times that Playstation 5: PLAY Has No Limits.

This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXJ3_AQE_o

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
The commentary track on the physical release is good stuff: the three directors and lord and miller.
They talk a lot about how they wanted the art and animation to express the emotions of the characters and how they working it over and over.

One key point they make is how much they wanted to take the time and just let characters have family moments and just look out at the horizon. And you see that, the first hour has Gwen’s intro, and then a good 4 separate occasions of Miles and his family together. Plus the sequence of Miles and Gwen swinging around or gazing at the city.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It’s certainly lead to a certain chill feeling sometimes. I’d honestly love an extended sequence of Miles, Hobie, Pav, and Gwen just hanging out together. Or a whole movie. No stakes, just the Spider-kids having a nice day. :unsmith:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I just want four million high-rez wallpapers of the city in every single universe we see. I love the different art styles in each universe and like completely separate from the insane character animation I think the backgrounds are gorgeous

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Arc Hammer posted:

I thought they said something about wanting to put him in.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

checkplease posted:

The commentary track on the physical release is good stuff: the three directors and lord and miller.
They talk a lot about how they wanted the art and animation to express the emotions of the characters and how they working it over and over.

One key point they make is how much they wanted to take the time and just let characters have family moments and just look out at the horizon. And you see that, the first hour has Gwen’s intro, and then a good 4 separate occasions of Miles and his family together. Plus the sequence of Miles and Gwen swinging around or gazing at the city.

This is the great thing about this series. Theres so much franchise -stuff- happening that it would be easy to become incoherent as other comic book movies in the past have and collapsed under their own weight. But it never loses focus on the characters so it works.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

I still hold hope for even just a background shot of Italian Spiderman being in part 2.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Spiders-Man or riot

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Arc Hammer posted:

They said he would show up, and he didn't show up in ATSV, so...

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I just got out of a showing of Into the Spider-Verse with a live orchestra and DJ. It was a really incredible experience! It’s legit my favorite movie of all time but I missed it in the theater, so this was more than worth the ticket price for me. If you get the chance to see it, don’t pass it up.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lego Spider-Man is praised by Miguel personally, I hope Miguel's A-team are all the weirdest dudes. And that Supaidaman and Lego Peter are best friends.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

MokBa posted:

I just got out of a showing of Into the Spider-Verse with a live orchestra and DJ. It was a really incredible experience! It’s legit my favorite movie of all time but I missed it in the theater, so this was more than worth the ticket price for me. If you get the chance to see it, don’t pass it up.

Awesome to hear it was good stuff. I had tickets but kids got sick. I’ve been to a similar event for Lotr, but live what’s up danger and such sounded pretty cool.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Like seriously I want to see a fuckin 3cm tall plastic Spider-man at work. I love how they kept the Lego Movie themes alive.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Like seriously I want to see a fuckin 3cm tall plastic Spider-man at work. I love how they kept the Lego Movie themes alive.

I imagine that Lego Pete's focus is investigating really fine details and that he just portals around everywhere. Man must have the swing speed of a power walker

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

hiddenriverninja posted:

I imagine that Lego Pete's focus is investigating really fine details and that he just portals around everywhere. Man must have the swing speed of a power walker

He's the one the others call when you'd otherwise call Ant-Man.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Or when you need a construction project done in-house.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

MokBa posted:

I’m going tomorrow! I’m hyped!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Screenplay’s been released: https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Spider-Man-Across-The-Spider-Verse-Read-The-Screenplay.pdf

Lots of good contextual stuff in there. I’m enjoying Miles’ moment of bi panic when Hobie takes off his mask.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Venom 2 channeled the lobster scene from venom 1 into the whole movie.

I don’t like or read the comics so I just know carnage through nerd osmosis so it being like or not like the comics means nothing to me lol

I kept on wanting Venom to show up in the Venom movie. They botched it.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I’ve gotten to show the movie to three people who didn’t know it was a Part 1 going in and it’s been an extremely entertaining experience each time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Shageletic posted:

I kept on wanting Venom to show up in the Venom movie. They botched it.

Venom literally had a whole scene of a messy breakup and going to a gay nightclub and doing a mic drop

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Venom literally had a whole scene of a messy breakup and going to a gay nightclub and doing a mic drop

Great scenes as was the writing scene and a few others but gently caress those Carnage scenes and anything else tho

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Stinky thoughts bruh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lol Eddie getting along with his ex's new partner who says he and Venom need couple's consouling

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I loved Venom bellowing "It's OK Dan, we like you now!" at the end. I also like the gag of getting to the final boss of the movie and Venom just brutally honestly saying "OK Time to die! No, I mean US, we're going to die!" Something similar happens in both movies and it's always funny.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 3, 2023

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My friend is currently working on Venom 3.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Oh, cool. Didn't know there was going to be a third. Looking forward to it. Send this to your friend from a fan: <3

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

I loved Venom bellowing "It's OK Dan, we like you now!" at the end. I also like the gag of getting to the final boss of the movie and Venom just brutally honestly saying "OK Time to die! No, I mean US, we're going to die!" Something similar happens in both movies and it's always funny.

I think it was something like "oh poo poo it's a red one"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Stinky thoughts bruh

You liked the Caranage and Scream lady scenes? They were so...just flatly self serious. Venom in the night club should have been the whole movie lol

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Azubah posted:

I think it was something like "oh poo poo it's a red one"

Yeah but the exchange I mentioned happened in the first movie IIRC, there's a running gag of Venom being completely certain that they are completely hosed.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shageletic posted:

You liked the Caranage and Scream lady scenes? They were so...just flatly self serious. Venom in the night club should have been the whole movie lol

I did. They were very stupid. I mean that in a nice way. Sometimes stupid poo poo makes me smile

The_Doctor posted:

My friend is currently working on Venom 3.

You friend is cool

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

My brothers are split on the movies, my middle brother hates them but my youngest brother likes them too.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

They’re fun movies but I wouldn’t care if they didn’t make a third. Very “watch on airplane” movies to me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They are indeed very dumb in a fun way. I like how comic book movies are getting to 90s antiheroes and realising it works when played for the entertaining schlock it is.

Venom without Peter Parker actually works it turns out, mostly in that they instead have Eddie and Venom be dorks instead.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Interestingly the icon on the spiderverse social channels has changed.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The_Doctor posted:

Interestingly the icon on the spiderverse social channels has changed.

Prowler colors?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

FINALLY!

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1770852693403123963

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Interesting. I don't recall there being much about Miles suffering with anxiety so I'm assuming this is a prequel. Perhaps it's about the other Miles?

Either way, it's nice to see something new before the 6 years or something it'll take to make the next movie.