Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I really need to see this movie again. We live in lucky times.

The most one to one translation of what I like about superhero comics to film I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

That polygon interview is aces, and what a great process to make a movie, at least according to one of its art directors.

He also name dropped John Paul Leon for an inspiration for Spidey Noir. A guy who draws like this

I wonder if they can make that a film...

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Which is canonically the same amount of time Spidey has been around in comics canon, and consider how much insanity got pushed into that.

Superhero timescales are hilariously dense. Gwen has been a spider person for 2 yrs and was a full fledged veteran.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah, that comes directly from interviews with Lord and Miller:

man trying to remember what Andrew Garfield's spider-man was supposed to be and i've seen both Amazing movies.

e:

Ccs posted:

Yeah I've been listening to this song on repeat.

For the full sequence if you wanna relive it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-euUGPQZoHw

lol 1:26. you can literally pause anytime during this and it'll be an amazing background

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 18, 2018

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

I figure Spider-Girl is a fairly likely future inclusion. The Renew Your Vows verse Spider-Family might be cool to see (you'd have a version of MJ that could actively participate in the story, too), but I suppose a lot of people would say that Sony was ripping off the Incredibles. I dunno if the rights would allow it, but having PS4 Spidey/versions from the previous cartoons would be cool.

They could also just make up new, original, spider-people directly for the movie (kind of like how Spider-Gwen and Sp//dr got their start spinning out of the Spider-Verse comics). The 'let's do this one more time' storytelling device would work just as well for introing entirely new characters as it does for established ones that the audience most likely doesn't know.

It'd be cool to have Mary Jane Loves Spider-man in there as well, just a character trying to figure herself out in high school, you know, in a multi-dimensional crossover.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Pick posted:

loving you dumb kindsa fuckers are why we keep getting origin stories and prequels. jesus christ you guys gently caress stories right in the mouth with the cocks of your stupidity.

lol looks like we're getting a crossover of our own: into the bad postingverse

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

They put the script online, prob one of the best I've read in a long time: https://twitter.com/rodneyrothman/status/1079057234959556608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That's a stretch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol why is it that ppl with bad movie opinions invariably refuse to believe that we need more movies with minority heroes.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 5, 2019

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

You guys have finally sold watching Mandalorian to me. How many eps do I have to watch to see that poo poo?

E: fractal religious infighting

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Are the animators for Sony IATSE? If so, I don't think they are part of the strike.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Venom 2 channeled the lobster scene from venom 1 into the whole movie.

I don’t like or read the comics so I just know carnage through nerd osmosis so it being like or not like the comics means nothing to me lol

I kept on wanting Venom to show up in the Venom movie. They botched it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Venom literally had a whole scene of a messy breakup and going to a gay nightclub and doing a mic drop

Great scenes as was the writing scene and a few others but gently caress those Carnage scenes and anything else tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Stinky thoughts bruh

You liked the Caranage and Scream lady scenes? They were so...just flatly self serious. Venom in the night club should have been the whole movie lol