Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Just got out of it. Loved every second of it EXCEPT to be continued it was even more gorgeous and visually interesting than the first one. And the writing was top notch. I will say that towards the end I was like “okay this feels like they’re setting up for a cliff hanger ending, okay yeah there’s no way they can wrap this up in the remaining runtime" so it wasn't exactly a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I loved Hobie's aesthetic and I loved that he ends up being a good bloke after all.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

In addition, the implication I got was that Miguel believes (Or at least suspects) that the spider that bit Miles came from the universe that he found and was destroyed - hence his line about Miles' existence depriving another universe of its Spider-Man. His anger is deeply personal, and parallels Miles' relationship with the Spot, as in both cases Miles wasn't really at fault for their tragedies, but he's an easy target for their anger.

I don't know if this is the intended reading though, since I'm not sure if the timeline works out. Guess I'll have to watch the movie again to find out :v:

The spider that bit Miles is from Earth-42 which appears to still exist, even if it's a villain filled poo poo show right now.

Aside, I have a feeling that Miguel destroying the scanner before it could identify what dimension he's from might be significant later, especially if that other poster's theory that he's not a real spiderman is true.

Random off topic question, does anyone happen to know how Miles Morales has been received in general outside the US? I know Spiderman is like the most popular super hero by far in Latin America, I'd be curious to see if they're as much of fans of Miles as North Americans are.

Talorat fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 5, 2023

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Some of the animators on Twitter are starting to talk about how they did this poo poo
https://twitter.com/cgratzlaff/status/1665548014600036362?t=iHXPNJDKCl8y7VLjRZs2lA&s=19

I really hope they were well paid and not overworked for this because god, what an achievement. It’s the best looking animated movie since the last Spiderverse and it’s not even a competition.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

By the way, it's right at the start of the movie so I feel like it's not fresh in anyone's mind by the end, but I loved the design and animation of renaissance vulture. The way they blended his design with the other characters and Gwen's world was incredibly cool and a great tone setter.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Do we have any clue as to when part 2 is going to drop?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

10 Beers posted:

Don't know if anyone else would be interested in this but apparently Into the Spider-Verse will be making the rounds through some theaters accompanied by an orchestra.

https://twitter.com/spiderverse/status/1668694728102256640?s=46&t=rg4yO9Htx2FBoZvnyslcOg

Not gonna lie, this is extremely my poo poo, I'm probably going to have to buy tickets for this if they aren't insane.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Nameless Pete posted:

"The Mandalorian is a Hasidic Jew"

I’m sorry what?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I think they potentially could have made enough room for a third act climax (and no sequel) by cutting the entire chase scene in Spidermanland which doesn’t really amount to much in terms of plot, but is very fun.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Wow I disagree on all points, I find Tom Holland quite charming, although it does seem like every movie he’s in is not as good as the previous one.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I feel like reaction to this movie has been kinda muted compared to how incredibly good it is, and I feel like that’s the fault of the cliffhanger ending. Everyone is waiting for the next movie to pass judgement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

MokBa posted:

I just got out of a showing of Into the Spider-Verse with a live orchestra and DJ. It was a really incredible experience! It’s legit my favorite movie of all time but I missed it in the theater, so this was more than worth the ticket price for me. If you get the chance to see it, don’t pass it up.

I’m going tomorrow! I’m hyped!