Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Liev Shriber's Kingpin voice is one of my favorite things about this movie. The "Nooooo Your-k" accent just fit him so well, and made him funnier, which in turn makes it more stark when he loving squashes Peter Parker

"I'd say it's nice to see ya, but...s'not"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Something that keeps popping into my head is the first Peter Parker's death effecting the people of New York. The shot of people getting notified that he had died, the Stan cameo with his kind words about Spidey, and the memorial with MJ talking and many of the crowd wearing Spider-Man masks or makeup is probably the saddest I've ever felt watching a comic book movie and I knew that the other Peter was going to show up so it wasn't really a "final" death. It was such a good little bit of paying respects to the hero I grew up reading, and I got a bit misty-eyed (the song choice is also solid for it all)

gently caress this movie is so good.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Spider-verse makes me tear up at multiple points. There’s something in its DNA that just makes me so emotional about Miles and his journey. It’s amazing. :’)

I've said it before, but man, the OG Peter memorial scene/Stan cameo just HIT me right in the chest when it came to emotion. Both Mile's Dad and Aaron's speeches really got me too, and then the final line of "You could wear the mask. If you didn't know that, I hope you do now." just killed me.