Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

I saw this movie recently and it's fantastic; I've been completely tired of the MCU for years but this was everything a superhero movie should be. Are they going to make more because whatever team produces this needs to make more movies, a lot more.

I do think that introducing more spider-mans after Gwen and Peter B. weighed the movie down, and if they'd cut Noir, Penny, and Ham they could have found room for another scene or two between Miles and his family, maybe even a scene for his barely present mom. But some pacing issues in the back half is a minor complaint in a movie that was just a joy.

Otoh spider ham was my girlfriend's favourite part so they do help the movie cast a wider net, important for family movies.

if they cut out the extra characters Nic Cage would miss a tax payment and there'd be a harder sell for a sequel / spin off. Lose lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That's Spectacular on the bottom right, according to Miller;

https://twitter.com/chrizmillr/status/1605230679838445568?s=46&t=iw4NLhtQizqhZlAqjKrPaA

Makes sense as Parker is pretty young in that, and that's a little fella.

Spectacular was cut short, but was very high quality while it ran. Great animation and the plots were a good mix of drama and action. It was kind of akin in tone to Ultimate Spider-Man, which was obviously a contemporary. It's a natural fit for something for these movies to borrow from.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Watching a character in a film battle a literal hole in canon is deeply satisfying.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Andy Samberg talking about his muscles through gritted teeth is a value add for any film.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

"Spiderman is suffering" and Miles whole thing is "you're crazy if you think that is the ONLY way to be Spiderman"

Pavtir alone proves that you can be Spider-Man and a happy person!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Holland was known to be a lousy actor, having Garfield show up in the last one just cemented it. Holland can barely even do the accent, meanwhile Garfield sounds great to my ears. Showing up as the worst spider-man in your own movie is shameful.

Outside of Maguire/Raimi, Parker is always a bit of a nerd but he's usually pretty popular and not a total sadsack. Spectacular had plenty of friends, Miles Morales is stylish and artistic, Amazing (Garfield) was a skater with a cool science job and girlfriend. Zendaya at least makes Holland cooler by association.

Holland looks like he's about to sit down and weep in every scene. Coming across as weak and sooky in a hero movie where you're opposite Tobey Maguire is a remarkable failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

They’re fun movies but I wouldn’t care if they didn’t make a third. Very “watch on airplane” movies to me.