Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

ImpAtom posted:

I didn't watch the Venom movies and didn't think that scene was a cameo or anything. I just thought it was a "Spot goes to the real world but he runs into a bored convenience store clerk who can't be bothered to care about stuff" joke.

You're not missing anything too amazing sadly. upgrade ended up being the same premise more or less but a better watch on a tenth of the budget, go for that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
a pg 13 carnage movie sucks about as much as the worst wig in the world on woody (which is only funny for so long)

also a disconnected from spidey-centric venom franchise is certainly a choice..i understand the licensing issues and blah blah blah but even the connecting things between those and the mcu they tossed in felt like a dashed-out afterthought.

it's fine as a buddy comedy series and all, but i'd prefer something a little more interesting that doesn't get the sonyverse treatment..i'd argue the only decent spidey sony thing is the spiderverse animation stuff. I've actually rewatched those, venom 1&2 not so much

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

CelticPredator posted:

It’s good, sorry

you might be the only person i've seen to say that about venom 2: let there be carnage, but i like your moxy

if they do a venom 3 you'll be my barometer

there is no way in hell i'm watching the kraven movie though, morbius was enough for me

e: or madam web

or whatever other supporting cast movies they don't want to lose rights to they continue to make

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 4, 2023

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

CharlestonJew posted:

If we can somehow trick Sony into doing a 2nd theatre run for Kraven it’ll all be worth it

honestly that actually kind of makes it worth it, and it also gave us the story about jared leto going full daniel day lewis method acting by pretending to be disabled between takes, to the point where they had to convince him to let them wheelchair him around as a compromise because they were wasting so much time waiting on him

and you know what, you can really feel the difference in his performance in morb--

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
he's just a version of spider-man without the "hero" ethics or morals, and the debut sells a massive amount of copies..so marvel then spins him into this reluctant anti-hero with his own series called "Lethal Protector" which is basically the basis for these sony movies

i think there's some division between people who like the character as an rear end in a top hat villain (myself included) and people that like the antihero thing..but you know what, as much as i think marvel and disney would have done something better with venom as he was originally written..we'd then have a PG carnage which is somehow even worse then the sony take so..nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

BioEnchanted posted:

Something I like is that it kind of makes sense for Venom to need to eat brains for the neurotransmitters (as that's the reason he gives for it). Look at what he is. He's a collection of independent cells that communicate with one another in order to process information, like neurons. A Symbiote is just a giant brain, and the problem with that is there is no physical form to attach a gland to so he can't make his own neurotransmitters. Without eating brains (or finding other ways of obtaining simiilar chemicals) his cells can't communicate as effectively with one another as they should do and he cannot survive like that. It's silly, but there is a fantasy type of logic to it.

the lore they created for the symbiotes in the comics is especially dumb, it could have just stayed a parasite kinda thing..i really hope that never ends up on screen down the line