Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Just got out of this movie. I hope it makes a billion dollars. It succeeds with the characters so well that I just wanted a five hour movie where all the spider people hang out a occasionally take out a member of their rogues gallery, but mostly just hang out a be funny and cool.

The only moment I thought felt contrived is how Miles dad gets to the supercollider room suddenly. Felt like they needed him to be there for the emotional beat so suddenly he was. No sense of how he somehow ended up so far underground without backup.

So many great jokes and incredible sequences in this movie. And it’s everything I’ve ever wanted out of Cg rendering. Beautiful stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Lord and Miller are so goddamn good at this poo poo. It's a goddamn crime they were pulled off Solo which became an abortion without their touch.

I hope they stay with animation. The medium needs their vision and talent.

This film was directed by the guy who did Rise of the Guardians at Dreamworks, which really hurt his career. I’m glad he bounced back to such a triumph.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah I've been listening to this song on repeat.

For the full sequence if you wanna relive it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-euUGPQZoHw

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Japanese Spiderman appeared in some of the comics fairly recently, along with his whole "I am an emissary of Hell!" bit.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Came here to post that. Incredible.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

this is an impressive level of devotion to a soulless media company, even in the cultural nadir we're currently living under

https://twitter.com/Hectorisfunny/status/1096689514255310849?s=19

This guy took the “corporations are people” ruling a bit too literally.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The sad thing is the studio Lasseter moved to has been flooded with applications since he joined and there’s even rumblings of high profile Pixar and Disney execs leaving to join him there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Great movie. A bit abrupt, I am looking forward to how much they’re able to do with the second given what they’ve set up here. The first is a more satisfying movie as a cinema experience because it tells a complete story though, and I never got the same highs as What’s Up Danger moment even though visually this movie goes even further with incredible camera and movement.