Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My thought is that the spiderverse web itself is part of the problem - if it existing means that canon events, whether they are a thing or not, need to happen, then letting the web collapse will free all Spiderpeople from any requirements.

Also something that Miguel is missing is he's not dealing with the comic book versions of Miles Morales - he's dealing with the Spiderverse version. The fight at the accelerator, him meeting the spider society and learning of his father's impending doom, those ARE the canon events in his story now. Because they loving happened.

Also I loved the gag at the start of the movie with the bread falling through The Spot and him being all "What? Is this funny to you?" Given his he's changed the nature of his power, I feel a cool upgrade name for him at this point would be The Singularity, although the thread seems to have fallen on plot hole, which is also fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Also his behaviour wasn't helping his case. You'd think a Spiderman would be self-aware enough to know that tearing through a commuter vehicle bellowing "YOU WERE A MISTAKE!" is a pretty big red flag.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

how hilarious would it be if the first scene of the sequel is Miles glitching through the bungee cords. no clever solutions or discussions with Prowler Morales, just an accidental fluke that confuses both of them.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

immoral_ posted:

The convenience store bit didn't really land with me, because there was just no real interaction, she basically just stared vaguely in his direction.

I found it amusing because the whole bit is that she's been part of Venom and Eddie's life for so long at this point that nothing surprises her. It helped that I enjoy the Venom movies though. I like that they establish that Venom can be perfectly in sync with multiple people, as in both movies he can be in symbiosis with Eddie, Eddie's ex-Girlfriend (who has some really funny bits in both movies IIRC) and the convenience store lady with no ill effects because all three of them know him well enough as a person that there is no conflict. Despite their flaws the movies generally have some cute moments showing how Venom and Eddie work well together as well, I love how those movies use the "We" pronoun to emphasise that Venom recognises and appreciates Eddie's problems. Like when he snaps at Venom after his Ex moves on to a new partner and Venom just says "Now I'm going to let that slide because we are hurting right now."

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 1, 2023

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

One of my favourite bits in the first Venom is when they are on the top of the tall building after fighting the FBI and Venom's like "ooh. lets jump off, we can do the superhero landing it'll be awesome! I can protect us from the fall!" *cuts to Eddie exiting the elevator* "Pussy..."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I liked the idea of Carnage in the movie that he was out of sync because Cassidy genuinely cared about his love interest while Carnage only saw her as a threat. It made Cassidy more interesting that he had at least one thing that kind of anchored him (although I get that people might not like it due to it reducing her to the whole Morality Pet thing).

I also liked the joke where they're like "Hmmm, we have a villain that's weak to sound and a girl with sonic powers...." (slams her into the bell, resolving the conflict in the stupidest possible way) (ending spoilers)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Something I like is that it kind of makes sense for Venom to need to eat brains for the neurotransmitters (as that's the reason he gives for it). Look at what he is. He's a collection of independent cells that communicate with one another in order to process information, like neurons. A Symbiote is just a giant brain, and the problem with that is there is no physical form to attach a gland to so he can't make his own neurotransmitters. Without eating brains (or finding other ways of obtaining simiilar chemicals) his cells can't communicate as effectively with one another as they should do and he cannot survive like that. It's silly, but there is a fantasy type of logic to it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Wanna gag in the last movie where the characters end up in a completely unassuming world, walk into a movie theatre and realise they are in the universe where the Spiderverse is just a movie series and Olivia Octavious, Norman Osbourne and Miguel O'Hara are in the audience watching that exact moment. Then they all just slowly turn their heads to see who just walked in in the middle of the movie like an rear end in a top hat..

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I loved Venom bellowing "It's OK Dan, we like you now!" at the end. I also like the gag of getting to the final boss of the movie and Venom just brutally honestly saying "OK Time to die! No, I mean US, we're going to die!" Something similar happens in both movies and it's always funny.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 3, 2023

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Oh, cool. Didn't know there was going to be a third. Looking forward to it. Send this to your friend from a fan: <3

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Azubah posted:

I think it was something like "oh poo poo it's a red one"

Yeah but the exchange I mentioned happened in the first movie IIRC, there's a running gag of Venom being completely certain that they are completely hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

My brothers are split on the movies, my middle brother hates them but my youngest brother likes them too.