Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I enjoyed Pavitr even though I thought he was kinda full of himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean that's hardly unusual among Spider-people.

Yeah I know and I still enjoyed his character. Plus him only being on the job for six months and boasting about how easy it is was a good setup for the reveal that Miles was intentionally being excluded from the club.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Isometric Bacon posted:

Some sheer suspension of disbelief that ,no one died in Mumbaittan.

Did I miss what happened there? Did they manage to contain the city swallowing hole?

They made it sound like this was a direct result of Miles breaking the canon event, and my initial thought was it was some sort of universe chain reaction ripping apart their universe, like what supposedly happened with Miguel. But then the they left and nothing more was said, so I gather the anomaly was just Spot making bigger holes as his strength grew.

They cut back to it at one point to show the spider men on the scene still working to contain the hole in reality, and Miguel says they hopefully were able to contain it. Of course as The Spot grows stronger this might be only a temporary fix until they find a way to defeat him and stop more spacetime anomalies

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I do like that even though most of the Spidermans teamed up to stop Miles they clearly aren't on the same page to totally agree with Miguel and seeing his actions in person throws a lot of doubt onto them. The Spidermans are clearly in the wrong for what they're doing but they're still understandable motivations and not just blind fanaticism.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But Miles is the coolest.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The biggest fault of the movie is that Peter B isn’t in more of it. Ever since the first movie he's become my absolute favourite incarnation of Peter Parker and I want to see more of him. He was used well in Across and if my biggest complaint is I didn't see more of him it's all negligible to my enjoyment.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I support the writers strike and other strikes but I won't lie that the delay for the third movie will be painful.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So are the two different versions caused by the re-release of the film with the fixed audio balance? Like when they reissued the fixed audio version it happened to have altered footage as well?

Been thinking about why Hobie would even bother to join an organization dedicated to maintaining order and stability and the only way I can square it is if he joined up to sabotage the spider society from the inside after seeing how Miguel's plan was the antithesis of Hobie's entire being.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"Spiderman is suffering" and Miles whole thing is "you're crazy if you think that is the ONLY way to be Spiderman"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Watched Into the Spiderverse tonight to see what I could remember. I like the parallels between Kingpin and Miguel's choice to be with their family. Kingpin tried to drag his family back, Miguel tried to fill in in another dimension.

I'm not sure exactly why Gwen got thrown a week into the past and why she didn't seem to be glitching as bad despite having several days on the other Spiderpeople. At first I thought she got pulled in by the first test of the machine but then they made it clear that sticking Peter's head into the dimensional rift is what brought the other spider people in, since they also used Kingpin's family's DNA to try and bring them through during the climax. So maybe Gwen didn't glitch as badly because she was isolated from the others and it got worse when they were closer together? I dunno.

I really like Kingpin as the villain. Never been a big fan of him in other Marvel films but here he is just a giant black void of muscle and violence and he makes for one hell of an intimidating villain.

Also I like Miles's spray paint suit better than his ATSV suit with the bleeding armpits.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 25, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

well why not posted:

Pavtir alone proves that you can be Spider-Man and a happy person!

And then Miguel gets furious for Miles efforts allowing Pavtir to stay happy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I know that Miguel is horribly misguided by blaming everything on Miles but I'm wondering how exactly he can blame miles for stealing another Spiderman's spider bite when the Earth 42 spider was brought over in Kingpin's first super collider test before Miles was even aware of it and everyone thought it was just an earthquake. Events were already set in motion by a villain breaking the fabric of the multiverse but Miguel doesn't seem to want to blame Kingpin or Octavius for starting it all.

Besides that I'm still baffled by there being two different versions of the movie in theaters. It doesn't seem like a Clue deal with alternate endings. With all the word coming out about how 100 animators quit and Miller and Lord making last minute changes it seems more likely that the alternate cut of the movie came with the fixed audio because they were still tweaking scenes right up to release.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Which bas been a thing for Mandalorians since about 2002 give or take. They've had multiple stories about clan wars and arguments over what it means to be a True Mandalorian.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shageletic posted:

You guys have finally sold watching Mandalorian to me. How many eps do I have to watch to see that poo poo?

E: fractal religious infighting

The factionalism mostly comes into play in the second season but there are hints of it in the first season as well with Din's strained relationship with the rest of his clan.

24 episodes across three seasons, so you'll get your first taste of their touchy "no true scotsman" arguments around episode 3 of season 1.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/GalanArtworks/status/1675370123404935169?t=XgfO3aZm78laqnr2ZS81pg&s=19

drat I wanna play as Hobie with this mod.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does the digital version have the fixed detailing on Prowler Miles? There's two versions and one is missing some of the facial lines.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

https://twitter.com/Marmxcca13/status/1688988095092264960?t=OgsBE5y1Kf_JSbTqKTm9yA&s=19

So we're up to three different versions now?

EDIT forgot to spoiler.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 10, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DeafNote posted:

Nah that change was definitely in the Selfie version as far as I have heard

Did the selfie edition also take out the lines right after Miles says "Nah imma do my own thing" like that other video going around?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well for starters that's the Lego Tony Stark head and not the Lego Peter Parker head.

It's fake.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The answer is canon can be broken and that's okay. Also Miguel is projecting hard and the more you look at the members of the spider society the more you see cracks in his understanding of how the multiverse works. Miguel certainly sees what canon does and he knows more about it than anyone else but he's so dead set on his interpretation being the correct and only view.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

trevorreznik posted:

Oh sure, we were just enjoying discussing all the ways he could be wrong and Jessica Drew was kind of an odd supporting character for him.

Replace odd with ironic. By the end of the movie even she seemed to be having doubts about Miguel's methods. She's got more in common with the spidey outcasts than she does with the collective.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/chrisagwrites/status/1689421335242416129?t=mmUehqsnXjhAI-tJ6O4ahA&s=19

Someone is cataloging all the differences between the theatrical and digital version. It's a lot of small stuff that just makes me wonder "but why though?"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

BioEnchanted posted:

how hilarious would it be if the first scene of the sequel is Miles glitching through the bungee cords. no clever solutions or discussions with Prowler Morales, just an accidental fluke that confuses both of them.

Between Hobie and Peter B it's gonna be all in the hands. Just as long as he uses the palms not just the fingers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hope Supaidaman shows up in Part 2. Miles already has a Leopardon toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And his puberty kicks in hard so he's becoming a beanpole and needs to keep remaking his suit to fit.