Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, they never pause for a direct callout, but the fact that she made Miles' web shooters and knew Dr. Octavius by her first name is a clear nod to her being some kind of badass science wiz in this timeline. Good odds she becomes Q to Miles' Bond in the sequel.

Edit: also, "I like to drink egg-creams, and I like to fight Nazis. A lot." is all the backstory any superhero ever needs.

Aunt May and Dr. Octavius were married at one point in the main timeline, so naturally I assume that the same thing happened in this timeline and that's why Liv and May are on a first name basis (though I doubt the marriage ended well, those two star-crossed can't ever seem to work it out no matter what timeline they're in).

Anyway, this movie was awesome. I'm already hungry for a sequel. This 100% deserves to win "best animated movie of the year".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just saw this movie, it ruled. The animation is stunning, the use of color to convey emotions was inspired. Hell of a cliff hanger though, and apparently the sequel isn't coming out for like five years?

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 11, 2023

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CelticPredator posted:

The best joke in the movie imo is the cough at the logos. I was the only one who laughed

Soda! It's a generic brand!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Spot is an awesome villain in both concept and execution and it would suck if the next movie just shoved him aside for someone else.

But, like, if Miles WAS able to find some common ground with the guy somehow it might solve a lot of problems for a lot of people because he could potentially close the holes caused by breaking cannon events thus allowing fate to be changed.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

goblin week posted:

Who was the spider woman with a huge rear end

.....gonna have to be more specific.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The real reason why JJJ always wants those pictures of Spider-man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs8j69qCFCw&ab_channel=ExplosmEntertainment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The cliffhanger ending is abrupt, but I thought it worked with the rest of the film. Absolutely nothing should have been cut, this is in fact a story that needs six hours to tell.

Not every movie needs to be six hours, or even two hours, but this one does and it uses all of it's time doing cool stuff I want to see.