Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabraxis
Mar 22, 2003

Well I guess it's lucky for me I'm not unarmed. Seeing as I'm....eating your beans.
My kid and I just got back from this one and holy crap. I have often thought that Marvel needed to lean into animation like DC does and to think that this came out of Sony is kind of amazing. The visual style of this movie is unparalleled. They do a thing where they add comic elements to the scenes that really adds a lot to each situation.

Miles is great. His dad is likewise great. The story with his uncle is really well done. It's hard to talk too much about it without going into spoilers so I just won't. All I will say is if you're a fan at all of Spider-Man, see this movie. The plot is really well done and the whole movie is dripping with heart. Like the best written Spider-Man comics there are parts that are gut-punchingly sad while being able to find witty appropriate humor throughout.

I know Sony has already greenlit another film in this universe and it's deserved. All I want now is more animate stories told of this caliber for other characters. They're onto something here.

Edit: And to echo Regalingualius, if you're an epileptic goon or otherwise photosensitive goon, maybe steer clear? There are tons and tons of flashy glitched out light sections throughout the film. It's beautiful, but I could see how it could be harmful for some.

Kabraxis fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabraxis
Mar 22, 2003

Well I guess it's lucky for me I'm not unarmed. Seeing as I'm....eating your beans.

Pick posted:

this means nothing to me

The 616 Universe is where the "real" Peter Parker comes from.

Edit: I also think it's pretty clear the "real" Spider-Man isn't in this one. Spider-Man never gets killed by Kingpin. Our Spider-Man also doesn't have a Batcave under Aunt May's house. Peter B. Parker is pretty close to the real thing, but I just don't think so. It doesn't matter though. Literally the last line of the movie is about how anyone can wear the mask. It just takes guts.

Kabraxis fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 15, 2018