Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Pick posted:

For me, the real breakout animation was on Kingpin himself. It's amazing that they made essentially a "void" so powerful. He's way smaller than Green Goblin, for example, but he seems IMPOSSIBLY HUGE even when he's not. Amazing.

They did a great job framing him. Incredibly imposing.

I LOVED this movie. I don't really have any immediate complaints about it. I'm glad Miles has finally been told on screen, and I liked the decision to not subtitle any of the (small amount of) Spanish. Context clues were enough to pick up on it if you don't speak Spanish, and it made it more immersive to not subtitle it. I expected a lot of the animation, but it was even better than I expected. Definitely the most comic book feeling comic book movie, and I have pretty high hopes for more in this style. I think it's going to be pretty difficult to hit the same highs though.

Hell yeah Spider-Man 2099.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Pick posted:

I want as much black Spiderman as possible, as black as possible. In fact, replace every Spiderman with someone half-black, half-Latino, like Miles, and Spiderman movies are banned from having songs by white people, until Mickey Mouse is public domain.

Armond had a very late and very Armond take on Miles.

Armond White posted:

The temerity of retelling a Spider-Man tale by pandering to the nonwhite demographic (and those who flatter themselves for condescending to it) reveals how brazen the media have become.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

tin can made man posted:

I would recommend that absolutely no one reads the comic Spider Verse event(s),

On the contrary, I really enjoyed the comic event. I thought it was generally well received?

It was dumb, but it was big dumb fun.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

My then 3.5 year old went 3 times in the theater. She has watched the Blu-ray as many times and it’s her favorite movie. She was a little scared the first time through of Green Goblin and Prowler, but a little talking her through it and physical comfort got her past it to the point she doesn’t care any more.

I’m very glad this has overtaken Frozen.