Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Davros1 posted:

How was Spider-Ham?

Doesn't get a lot of time, but he's completely in character. Gets a good moment in the end battle.

And yeah, if Sony wants to spin off and make Spider-Ham and Noir and Penni Parker movies I'm all for it. They already said the sequel is gonna be about Gwen and Miles and that's a really good decision. I loved how Gwen's world looked.

Also really excited if they decide to spin something off with the character after the end credits too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The age difference with Gwen and Miles in the comics is a few years, I think. I don't think they really work there.

They were good in the movie and making them about the same age was a good idea. I liked how Peter allowed them to bond and smiled at it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah for a PG movie there sure is some dark stuff.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mameluke posted:

What fun Spider-Folk who didn't make the cut for this one would y'all like to see in a sequel? Italian Spiderman, obviously, and newspaper Spiderman for sure; Silk would be a great "serious" addition. I'd also love to see Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark show up and belt out a catastrophic number or two; he even comes with his own Spider-God, Arachne!

2099, Spider-Punk, Anya, Spider-Ma'am, Last Stand, Cosmic, Symbiote, and 90's cartoon Spider-Man just so we can have him fight Shocker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWRjsqoSWTI

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GateOfD posted:

with how many spideys are in the trailer, like at least 1/4 of them are gonna get maimed by the end right?

I highly doubt it. That would be mean-spirited and the first movie was anything but. I really doubt in a film series that really is a celebration of Spider-Man is going to then maim or kill a bunch of them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The opening sequence is loving incredible and needed since Gwen is given a lot more time and agency this film. This is hers and Miles' film and she's not just a supporting character like in the first movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Comic books rule. If not for them, we wouldn't have Peter Parkedcar.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

There is no way the second part doesn't get delayed massively.

Why? They've been working on both at the same time.

Saw it a second time today. Still amazing. I also caught a few details I missed before. When Miles goes to Earth 42, you can see sketches of the Prowler's gauntlet over his shoulder in his bedroom while he's talking to his mom.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 3, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

1) in Homecoming, Glover has a cameo as a street thug that Pete webs to a car. Gliver explains where/what Vulture's plan is, and gives Pete the info he needs because "my nephew goes to that school" [i.e. Miles Morales]
He's not Named as the Prowler but its one of those connect the dots things.

2) After, iirc, Spidey3? ASM2? Crashed, Glover lobbied for himself to be given the role arguing that a modern take on Spidey would include a more diverse actor given the cultural makeup of NYC.

Also he wasn't a direct inspiration for Miles, but Bendis (Miles' creator) has namedropped Glover as something of an influence. And Glover voiced Miles a couple times in the cartoons.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yawgmoft posted:

My theater did the aww breaking into a loud applause as described by someone above

My thought is that Miguel is so obviously in the wrong with the "then I quit" twist that I'd believe this is a Superior Spiderman twist where Octavius took over the body of Miguel when he says "he died"

Miguel is kind of a jerk and a hothead but he's not evil.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Miguel is not a bad guy

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Captain Jesus posted:

He's an extremely obvious bad guy down to his character design. At the very least he fulfills the same role as the Illuminaty in the Multiverse of Madness or Kang in Loki. I honestly have no idea how anyone would think otherwise other than based on comic book stuff that wasn't in the movie.

His very first scene tells you everything you need to know about him.

He looks scary, but is a hero who saves people. Then he also has a change of heart in recruiting Gwen when he sees what she's going through. When she says "I don't know how to fix this" he responds "Join the club" which means both to join the Spider Society, and that he himself struggles in knowing what the right thing to do is.

We see him working with Peter, who vouches for him and also was there to see an entire universe erased. We see the trauma he went through. We know he and Peter have talked about Miles before. You know how else you can tell he's a good guy? He lets Mayday crawl all over him and then holds her and catches her when she falls. Miguel is a jerk, but he's a good guy.

He's very obviously going to help Miles in the next film.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Captain Jesus posted:

Jesus, that's really weak surface reading.

lol it's all thrown in your face. It's telling you straight up everything you need to know about Miguel. If you think that's weak, well okay, but it's not wrong.

Then you go and say he's not a bad guy. Of course not! That's my point. He's an antagonist in this movie, but he's just like every other Spider-Man in that he's driven by guilt and responsibility.

Yeah he's big and scary, but he's still Spider-Man.

People saying he's Morlun or that he's going to be the REAL big bad are completely wrong. He's going to learn that his way of doing things isn't necessarily the right way of doing things and Miles is likely right in that Spider-Man should try to save everyone. We saw how Jess looked to be having second thoughts when Miles said that they're supposed to be the good guys. Miguel is gonna come around that way too.

If Miguel was really evil, he wouldn't have helped Gwen. Because remember, he was dead set on not helping her or bringing her in until after he saw her skill and after he saw her confrontation with her father. He was even the one to help her out of that situation and then provide an escape. He's Spider-Man: doing his best and making mistakes but learning from them and beneath it all, has a good heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Miguel is Spider-Dad and he has to deal with hundreds of Peter Parkers every day. Of course he's gonna be exhausted. He needs

It would explain why one of his best is Lego Spider-Man.