Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Silly Burrito posted:

Is he normally called Eli or Elijah? This is irrationally bugging me but I am not a Jets fan.

It's actually Elisha Manning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

bondster posted:

Fairbairn been pretty reliable lately

Fairbairn has been great this year. For the first half of the season he was the highest scoring fantasy kicker, now that the Texans can score touchdowns he isn't quite. But he's got a big leg and he's reliable, what more could you want

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

what can't that man do

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

what can't that man do

she sucks a mean cock I'll tell you that

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Intruder posted:

user was put on probation for this post

But seriously, who ate the Petey Faggins ban?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Athanatos posted:

explain

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Silly Burrito posted:

what can't that man do

Anything but get carried by great teams?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Play posted:

explain

Rival Puns are bad...but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeMarcus_Faggins was not a rivals pun.

And someone got probed for name dropping him. It was an accident and fixed, but still hilarious.

bondster
May 6, 2007

God I hate watching our pass D give receivers like 10 yards

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
darnold does some pretty cool things

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Sam arrow pointing upward.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Too bad Darnold plays for the Jets

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Athanatos posted:

And someone got probed for name dropping him. It was an accident and fixed, but still hilarious.

That is an unfortunate name. Much like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Trickle

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sooo 23-10 at the half, then?

E: :lol:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Sam arrow pointing upward.

nice pass there, that was gorgeous. He brought the linebacker up with threat of the run and then hit the receiver perfectly

Athanatos posted:

I don't really understand what rivals puns are but I am loling at that name

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They have another chance to spend 100mm to put some NFL caliber players around him...

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Darnold is good. Invest everything you possibly can in putting talent around him on offense.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Kirios. I remember because I'm the one who told mods it was a real name

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Naturally Selected posted:

Sooo 23-10 at the half, then?

Just want to quote and :lol: Jets

Play posted:

I don't really understand what rivals puns are but I am loling at that name

When some takes a name and changes it so it's SO HILARIOUS. "Cowgirls" "Tony Homo"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Darnold is good. Invest everything you possibly can in putting talent around him on offense.

He doesn't have The Look

Looks scared op

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Athanatos posted:

When some takes a name and changes it so it's SO HILARIOUS. "Cowgirls" "Tony Homo"

Ah got it. I can see how that would get old pretty drat fast

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is today a scorigami day

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Athanatos posted:

Just want to quote and :lol: Jets

Can I call Jason Witten Dumbass Shitten or is that borderline?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Silly Burrito posted:

Can I call Jason Witten Dumbass Shitten or is that borderline?

Rather call him "fired," but alas.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Naturally Selected posted:

Rather call him "fired," but alas.

This is true. I honestly wonder how long his contract is.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

This is the first game since the beginning of the season that he looks decent, like he's making the best reads finally and understanding how the pass rush will go. First step in my opinion is overhaul that offensive line because it's trash and getting him better receivers won't matter if they give up pressure like that constantly

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Play posted:

This is the first game since the beginning of the season that he looks decent, like he's making the best reads finally and understanding how the pass rush will go. First step in my opinion is overhaul that offensive line because it's trash and getting him better receivers won't matter if they give up pressure like that constantly

This is wrong. He's had more good games than bad games this season.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

Is today a scorigami day

Not sure what you see that would make you think that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Play posted:

They zoomed in on his face early in the game and he was wide eyed with his mouth hanging open and I swore I was looking at Luke McCown

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Play posted:

He looked good last week? But yeah agreed on the O line bit.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

To be fair on the Petey Faggins thing, someone reported the post and there was no reason for MV or Kalli to be familiar with a 7th round CB who was worse than Jason David

Texans fans remember him well though for his propensity to get burned basically whenever, basically the same reason any fan of any team can easily remember the worst players its ever had

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Proof I am in East Rutherford

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Curtis Martin jersey, nice

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

worse than Jason David

This is a strong accusation, Intruder.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

This is a strong accusation, Intruder.

I like that David hasn't been in the NFL for nearly a decade yet he's still my go-to for terrible CB play

Jason "Worse than a hole in the zone" David

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

I like that David hasn't been in the NFL for nearly a decade yet he's still my go-to for terrible CB play

Jason "Worse than a hole in the zone" David

My favorite story about him was that when the Saints went to the SB, he was so pissed at the Saints that he was trying to call Peyton Manning to give him tips on the Saints D. Wish I still had that link.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Jets should give Henry Anderson a contract and not Leonard Williams...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

My favorite story about him was that when the Saints went to the SB, he was so pissed at the Saints that he was trying to call Peyton Manning to give him tips on the Saints D. Wish I still had that link.

"Hey man, throw at that Jason David dude all day long"

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

mcmagic posted:

The Jets should give Henry Anderson a contract and not Leonard Williams...

you can't play the Texans every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

PrinceRandom posted:

you can't play the Texans every week

He's been better than Williams all season.