Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When I started primary school there was a dedicated music teacher at my school but it was just a regular classroom teacher who'd been assigned the job because she could play the piano a little bit. After a few years of that we got a new music teacher who actually knew stuff about music. The problem with her was that she was incredibly easy to distract. Practically every lesson was derailed when someone asked her about her weekend or her holidays or something - or she just started talking about random stuff completely unprompted. She was really interested in the use of music in advertising, and always said she'd been taping commercials off the TV that had interesting music and she was definitely going to bring the tape in to show us at some point. In four years I never saw that tape.

My year 7 maths teacher was great because he just assigned questions from the textbook and then played Age of Empires the whole lesson, so it was really easy to partner up and each do half the questions then copy the rest of the answers. He also ran LAN parties at the school on weekends.

In year 10 I had one teacher for both English Language and Psychology. She frequently got stuff wrong but would never admit it. I specifically remember one time she was explaining dependent and independent variables, and she got them around the wrong way. When someone pointed out that the textbook said the opposite, she stopped and read the textbook in silence for a moment and then told us the textbook was wrong.

She also insisted that the word "versus" was an example of a contraction because you write it "v's".

The best though was my SOSE teacher one year. The first class, we all came in and sat down wherever, and she got out a chart she'd printed out of the table layout, wrote all our names on it and told us we had to sit in those same seats for the whole year because she wasn't going to learn our names.

I sat next to a friend of mine, Joel, and the two of us were constantly being yelled at for talking too much or too loudly; not, I think, because we were actually any worse than anyone else though. As evidence I cite the fact that I heard this teacher yell at Joel to be quiet on a day he was at home sick.

She also had a habit of sending people out of the class for "being disruptive". There was a policy at the school that if a teacher sent you out of class they had to fill in a form explaining why. She never did that, and it was obviously because she knew that she was doing it way too much. On at least one occasion she ended up sitting inside on her own for the last ten minutes or so because she'd sent literally everyone outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU