Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

My sixth grade home room teacher was an okay guy, had a bit of a temper but only took it out verbally on the kids who were genuinely being little shits and disrupting the class.

The odd thing about him were his lunches. The period after our lunch was when our grade had recess, so we'd go run around on the playground for an hour or whatever. Meanwhile, that's when he'd eat his lunch, as our school had a dedicated playground monitor.

Now, if was pouring or -20 degrees or lower outside, we'd have recess inside, in the classroom. We'd draw, play board games, just goof off. This was back in the Stone Age when our elementary school was considered top notch for having not one but TWO Apple ][ computers, so if you had good grades and signed up quick enough, you might get to play with that for 15 minutes.

Anyways, while I didn't mind indoor recess in general (I loved to draw and didn't like sports), what I did mind was the unholy smell in that room when he ate in there. To this day I have no idea what it was, but always sandwiches. My best guess today, now that I eat all kinds of things, is liverwurst and onions. It smelled like he'd taken a can of potted meat, deviled ham, and a dozen rotten onions and schmeared it on the radiator. The room absolutely reeked, we all noticed it and joked about it. He was a big dude, so there were probably some equally big farts in the mix, too.

Plus God help you if you were in his room for whatever class after recess, and he came around to your desk to give you some one-on-one help or check your work. Like I said, big dude, so he breathed pretty heavily, and had apparently never heard of breath mints. He'd waddle over to your desk, huffing and puffing, then lean over your desk "soooo, JD, what's your question" and oh god it's been 34 or so years and I can still smell it.

I'd say I was jealous of the kids that had the other home room teacher, but that guy was just an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU