Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
I had a great science teacher in 7th grade. His lessons were fun and he made his own work sheets and tried to make the questions relevant to poo poo a 7th grader in 97 would like. His labs were insanely fun and cool. There was just one thing he absolutely 100% would not stand for the students talking while doing non lab work. He walked with a wooden cane and if someone was talking he would slowly raise it up over his granite table thing he did labs and stuff on to deminstrate to us. while making the shh face. Then he would slam it down as hard as possible making a noise that literally made my ears ring and i was in the 3rd row. One time he did this and he hit it weird or something and part of it broke off and smacked a girl in the face. It had cut her face and she had to go to the n urse and then to the hospital. she get 4 stitches down her cheek bone. He was fire'd. That was his final year before being retirement age and I had heard later they screwed him out of his pension but it 3rd hand infomartion that I cant verify.

My english teacher in 10th grade was really into music and it happened to be the type of music I liked at the time. Grunge, punk, metal, mixed with some pop alt rock. He got divorced over christmas break. He started openly drinking in class and just not showing up for work and I swear I saw him day drinking on the city library steps one day when I was ditching and going down town. He had a TA who was doing their residency or whatever teachers call it after graduating from college. Before christmas break the TA was teaching the class during the teachers free period and was grading all the work. Around february or something the TA was teaching all 8 periods and actively covering for the now perma drunk teacher. I really liked the class before the divorce and disliked it heavily post divorce.

My school had 8 periods and an hour long lunch in highschool and the teachers only taught 7 periods so that TA was extremely stressed and he would fly off the handle and berate students then send them to the vice principal. My sister had the ta as an actual teacher and said he was a great teacher now so it all worked out for him

snergle has a new favorite as of 21:47 on Dec 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU